Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car died at gas station. Called dealer, he said to try fob starting car. I said WTF is that? He said put fob in slot in center console and try to start car. Did it and NFG. Car towed to dealer, bad battery they said. Is there any place in owners manuel on starting car with fob in console slot? Just what does that do to allow car to start? Is it a bypass for brake/start switch? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Car died at gas station. Called dealer, he said to try fob starting car. I said WTF is that? He said put fob in slot in center console and try to start car. Did it and NFG. Car towed to dealer, bad battery they said. Is there any place in owners manuel on starting car with fob in console slot? Just what does that do to allow car to start? Is it a bypass for brake/start switch? Any info would be great.
If the battery in the key fob is dead, then the vehicle does not recognize the fob and won't start UNLESS it's in the fob holder. It's just another way for the fob and vehicle to communicate

·
Registered
920 Posts
Carmine is right.

I wouldn't say its a bypass to brake start. But a way for the car to know the fob is inside the car. Since the battery is dead in the fob the proximity sensor isnt communicating with the car and vice versa.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Rtfm

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Place Smartkey in the dock..

Kinda like putting CD/DVD in the tray so computer can read CD/DVD..

Has nothing to do with brake light switch.. only validating lawfull we will allow power up and start to run

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

That was actually engraved "RTFM" followed by serial number on a suppressor tube I had for a 22LR suppressor,, manufacturer replaced the tube after the the tube swelled and baffles started to rattle inside.. new tube not engraved that way.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That was actually engraved "RTFM" followed by serial number on a suppressor tube I had for a 22LR suppressor,, manufacturer replaced the tube after the the tube swelled and baffles started to rattle inside.. new tube not engraved that way.
Haha, nice!

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Also, remember that when placing the fob in that slot, you have to push it in till it clicks.

Many folks who cannot get the fob recognized fail to push the thing in until it clicks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts