Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate the fob receiver location on Hyundai Matrix in order to reset and link new fobs. this is a 2007 car. I am under the impression from what I read that Hyundai cars can have fobs programmed via OBD2 or physically accessing the receiver reset switch to link new fobs. Not sure this is the case with this car. Any info on the receiver location would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not. The only way to do it is via OBD using a suitable diagnostic tool.
ok. Thanks for this info. Much appreciated. What would be the OBD tool need in this case? Anything reasonable for users to buy if not is this easy to be found in local garages for generic use or would I need to go to Hyundai only?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You'd need a tool with Hyundai dealer level software, like the Foxwell NT510

I'm sure having it coded at the dealer would be the cheaper option.
https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_FXNT510HY.html

Hmm.. I never dealt with Hyundai dealer before but usually for any other car manufacturer is the opposite? Usually if you can avoid dealer that is the way to go? Are you saying Hyundai dealer are reasonable in price?
By the way I believe you mentioned in one of my previous thread that I would need to go to a dealer to have a second key for my car but It was not the case please read my reply now. Are you sure what you are saying about the fobs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I do appreciate your participation but why I do only get reply from you to all my threads in this forum? Bizzar?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
Hmm.. I never dealt with Hyundai dealer before but usually for any other car manufacturer is the opposite? Usually if you can avoid dealer that is the way to go? Are you saying Hyundai dealer are reasonable in price?
I'm saying the dealers labour charge for coding a fob is unlikely to be more than the cost of the scan tool you need to do it yourself. But if you call the dealer and that isn't the case then feel free to buy the tool.

gthyun said:
By the way I believe you mentioned in one of my previous thread that I would need to go to a dealer to have a second key for my car but It was not the case please read my reply now.
I'm glad you found a cheaper option....well done.

gthyun said:
Are you sure what you are saying about the fobs?
Yeah, I'm pretty confident the dealer isn't going to charge £169 just to code a fob that your supplying.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for clarifying...would you have any information on the Hyundai Matrix alarm? I bought this car and I am sure the alarm is not operating as I do not have the fobs. Does the alarm only become activated once you use the fob? and not locking with keys? Does this car got an alarm siren? some cars sirens which uses alarm siren's battery when battery is dead the car alarm becomes unprotected. Is that the same with this car? or is becouse i don't have fobs?

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
....why I do only get reply from you to all my threads in this forum? Bizzar?
I don't know. I guess I'm the only person who can be bothered to reply to your threads.

Does the alarm only become activated once you use the fob? and not locking with keys?
The alarm (if the car has one) needs to be armed via the remote fob.

gthyun said:
Does this car got an alarm siren?
Some Hyundai models with the factory alarm have a siren and others have an additional horn. The factory alarm is very basic, so no battery backup for the siren.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know. I guess I'm the only person who can be bothered to reply to your threads.

I believe the true purpose of a forum should be cooperation, clarifying and help each others specially when members are seeking answers to their issues in exchange knowledge with others and admiting what one don't know is always the best way to go where we all can learn and I hope my threads can help other with similar queries in the future.
I am a member of other forums and I always got a lot of other members participating. I juts want make very clear I really appreciate your participation I do really mean that. Many thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
If all my attempts fails I am thinking to install an aftertermaket universal budget car alarm with fobs on this car. Do you have any experience with the Hyundai matrix about that
I don't have an experience specifically with the Matrix but I have fitted remote locking to other Hyundai models. If your car doesn't have factory remote locking you will need to install an actuator in the driver's door to operate the lock. Routing the additional wires required for the actuator into the door is usually the most difficult part of the job.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
Meant to say before....one way to know whether your car does actually have a factory alarm or not is to look and see if it has the bonnet/hood switch in the engine bay....see below :

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts