Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched various FOB threads, did not see answer to issue. 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T ultimate pkg.

The key FOB I had been using for couple years started getting weak on distance, replaced battery. With new battery, which had been in drawer for 1 yr (I had it marked from when I used the other battery from the package), it would not lock/unlock. Bought fresh pack of batteries, still not working. I may have gotten 2nd replacement battery upside down, but corrected and it still pulsed the red LED on FOB, but still not working.

Do these FOB's lose programming? How to reprogram? Any input appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sadly only the dealership can reprogram it. Unless you can find a nerd in the internet to do it.
Strange though, i've never heard of one doing that before.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,247 Posts
Searched various FOB threads, did not see answer to issue. 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T ultimate pkg.

The key FOB I had been using for couple years started getting weak on distance, replaced battery. With new battery, which had been in drawer for 1 yr (I had it marked from when I used the other battery from the package), it would not lock/unlock. Bought fresh pack of batteries, still not working. I may have gotten 2nd replacement battery upside down, but corrected and it still pulsed the red LED on FOB, but still not working.

Do these FOB's lose programming? How to reprogram? Any input appreciated, thanks.
Need to make sure the remote is actually being recognized by the vehicle. If you get into the car and press the start button (foot off brake) it will either turn on the ignition or the yellow key light will turn on and a message will appear in the center screen. If so, try pressing the start button with the top of the remote. This usually resyncs it with the smart key module.

If neithe of the above happen likely the key is dying and you will need to buy a NEW, UNPROGRAMMED OEM smart key and take to dealer to have it married to the car.

Notice I'm screaming the new and unprogrammed because no one has successfully gotten a used Hyundai smart key to reprogram to another vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts