Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get stats in my FM reception on my Azera. I had a test vehicle for a weekend and it had the same thing.

Dealer says it is location sensitive, but other cars don't have this issue.

XM radio sounds great.

Not really an issue for me because I listen to iPod mostly. Just makes me twitch. FM reception seems like a gimme on a new car nowadays.

My daughters Elantra is fine.

Any others experiencing this?

Best regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
My Genesis Coupe has the worst antenna I have ever seen. It is a rear window grid. My 2008 Accent has one of the best. It's a short black one on the roof.

Really want a better antenna for the Gen Coupe. I bought an electronic one that mounts to the inside of the windshield and the AM is much better but the FM is still terrible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny you mention HD. I turned the feature on in the settings and the reception across the board is better… even in non hd stations. Not sure why that would be. But I'll take it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
FM comes in fine with my car. And when HD comes in, that sounds just as good as XM IMO.

It actually sounds *better* than XM/Sirius IMO. My girls like riding in my car over my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee because my car has HD radio - no static when that HD kicks in. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts