Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2013 MODEL YEARS
I just wanted to give everyone an easy pocket/cellphone reference to use when at the counter or auto store.

• 5w-30 (recommended)

Differential (rear): GL-5

• All Temps / OEM: 75W-90
  • Can be substituted with: 80W-90

Transfer Case: GL-5

Brake Fluid:

• DOT-3

CAPACITIES:

• Engine, with filter: 4.9 quarts
  • Cooling System, Initial Fill: 10.1 quarts
  • Differential (rear): 1.1 pints
  • Transfer Case: 1.3 pints

TORQUES:

• Oil Drain Plug: 25-33 ft/lbs
  • Transfer Case:
  • Fill Plug: Tightening torque: 39.2~58.8N.m (4.0~6.0kgf.m, 28.9~43.4lb-ft)
    Drain Plug Tightening torque:58.9~78.5N.m (6.0~8.0kgf.m, 43.4~57.9lb-ft)

• 5w-30 (recommended)

Brake Fluid:

• DOT-3

CAPACITIES:

• Engine, with filter: 4.9 quarts
  • Cooling System, Initial Fill: 7.5 quarts

TORQUES:

• Transfer Case:

3.3L ENGINE: (V6 non-turbo)
ENGINE OIL:

• 5w-30 (recommended)

Brake Fluid:

• DOT-3

CAPACITIES:

• Engine, with filter: 6.0 quarts
  • Cooling System, Initial Fill: 9.6 quarts

TORQUES:

• Transfer Case:

OWNERS SERVICE MANUAL: http://www.missdraper.org/2013Santa_FeDMA/2013SANTA_FE_%28DMA%29_FINAL.pdf

HYUNDAI RECOMMENDED SERVICE SCHEDULE (requires flash): https://www.hyundaiusa.com/maintenance-schedule/

NOTABLE OIL DISCUSSION THREADS: (oil change intervals, changing oil weights, etc)
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/dm-20...troom-milage-between-oil-change-interval.html

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/260-d...0-car-runs-crappy-after-first-oil-change.html

Reactions: Rolltide247

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks, Im! Learning a lot from you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
5.0l (5.28 Us qt.) for 2.0T?

Hi everyone,
I am driving 2.0 turbo in Canada, and in my manual there is a sticker on engine oil volume and it says 5.0L (5.28 US qt.) over 4.6L.

The first oil change, I did it at the Mr. Lube and I told them to fill it up to 5.0L, cus that is what manual is recommending.
I've brought it to the dealer for the second oil change and I told them about this and they didn't clarify it is 5.0L; however ensure me that they will take care of it.

When I deep stick it, with 5.0L, it goes little over the max line, and this was the case when I first drove it to home.

Anyone knows which is the right volume of oils?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am driving 2.0 turbo in Canada, and in my manual there is a sticker on engine oil volume and it says 5.0L (5.28 US qt.) over 4.6L.

The first oil change, I did it at the Mr. Lube and I told them to fill it up to 5.0L, cus that is what manual is recommending.
I've brought it to the dealer for the second oil change and I told them about this and they didn't clarify it is 5.0L; however ensure me that they will take care of it.

When I deep stick it, with 5.0L, it goes little over the max line, and this was the case when I first drove it to home.

Anyone knows which is the right volume of oils?
Every oil change I have ever gotten showed a slight over fill. And I am talking about my 2 Hyundai's and the 14 Mazda's before them. I check after the engine is warmed up and let the engine sit a minute or two before I pull the dip stick. Pull it, wipe it, back in and out. If I check cold it is ALWAYS over full, not by a bunch but over filled. Never have had a problem in the engine lube department.
I don't think the difference between 4.6L and 5.0L will hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I've always found that just adding the nominal drain/refill amount will overfill an engine sump - I guess it doesn't all drain out.

I start by adding 1.0 L less than nominal refill but rounded down to the litre - so adding 4.0 L if the nominal is 5.5 L - I start the engine, check for leaks, stop the engine and dip the oil - adding enough to get over the Minimum mark - then next morning when the engine is cold and fully drained down, I dip it again and bring it up to 0.25 L below Maximum.

I've done that for decades with good results.

It's probably not applicable to petrol/gasoline engines but diesels don't like being overfilled especially as any fuel getting past the rings into the sump simply increases the level - as diesel doesn't evaporate at normal temperatures.

·
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts