Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Sep 21 2010, 10:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357664
I have to say, those of you who uses ramp are brave. I'm scared I will press the gas too hard and make the car fall off the ramp.
With an automatic car, it's a piece of cake man. You don't even have to rev the engine past 1,500 rpm or so. And the trick is to have your left foot on the brake and right on the throttle. With FWD, the ramps don't slide, so it's another bonus. With my manual cars, I actually lift the car, then put the ramps underneath. Oh, and before you proceed to drive the car on ramps, always get out of the car with the engine running in 'D' (apply parking brake once the ramps are 'loaded'), get out, and do the final line-up so they're straight. It takes me a minute to put the Sonata on ramps. And I use the 8K-lb plastic rhino ones; nothing wrong with those. They're always inside my garage. Even the best guns are not plastic buddy, so no need to distrust it. Just don't leave them outside year round. Good day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.