Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my left rear passenger dome light flickering, so I took off the cover and found that the bulb contacts were broken. I see this of course as a warranty fix, but curious if this is something I can do easily enough myself? The housing has no obvious way to remove, so I am likely barking up the wrong tree, but thought I'd ask anyway. Also, if anyone has a part number on this I can call the dealer to let them know I'm coming and to be ready :).

Thanks!
Rob

Attachments

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
found that the bulb contacts were broken.
While that part you circled in the middle may LOOK like it is broken, it probably is NOT.......as a connection there would short out the bulb and blow a fuse......if I am seeing things right. The actual bulb contacts appear to be OK.

What's the little thing you circled top right ??
You may just have a loose connection.

·
2,258 Posts
the bulb contacts were broken. I see this of course as a warranty fix, but curious if this is something I can do easily enough myself?
i dont think they are "broken". if the positive and negative leads were connected, that would cause a short circuit. if your light is flickering, try changing the bulb first.

and regarding 'fixing it yourself'. why? you have a warranty, let them do it. the more on warranty complaints you have on your file, the more fighting-weight you will have if and god for bid ever you need it when you will be off of warranty.

PS: i am changing the tittle of this thread, so its searchable in our search function. no one would search: "can i fix this". they would search for: "dome light issues", "flickering dome light". etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think they are "broken". if the positive and negative leads were connected, that would cause a short circuit. if your light is flickering, try changing the bulb first.

and regarding 'fixing it yourself'. why? you have a warranty, let them do it. the more on warranty complaints you have on your file, the more fighting-weight you will have if and god for bid ever you need it when you will be off of warranty.

PS: i am changing the tittle of this thread, so its searchable in our search function. no one would search: "can i fix this". they would search for: "dome light issues", "flickering dome light". etc.
No problem in renaming :) .. thanks for the assist. Actually, the fuse did blow once I touched the bulb to remove it, and when I saw what appeared to be breaks in the metal contacts, I made an assumption .. one that was wrong.

Come to find out, I just took the other light off and see it has the same "broken" look, so obviously that's not the issue. One side of the metal bulb bracket is looser (pushes into housing easier), but once I figured out how to overcome that, I now have a firmly seated bulb and all is well again.

Thanks again!

·
2,258 Posts
No problem in renaming :) .. thanks for the assist. Actually, the fuse did blow once I touched the bulb to remove it, and when I saw what appeared to be breaks in the metal contacts, I made an assumption .. one that was wrong.

Come to find out, I just took the other light off and see it has the same "broken" look, so obviously that's not the issue. One side of the metal bulb bracket is looser (pushes into housing easier), but once I figured out how to overcome that, I now have a firmly seated bulb and all is well again.

Thanks again!
if the bulb was loose in those "prongs" that hold it, gently squeeze them closer together. it will hold the bulb tighter. glad that you resolved the problem.

that break that you saw, is probably just the manufacturing process. they probably break the pieces off from one another like the way some plastic model-car pieces are made to be broken off from one another:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts