Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird situation, within 2 weeks period my wife driving her 2016 Ultimate (32K) got absolutely flat passenger side and rear drivers side tires. I brought it Canadian tire and another one yesterday to local Costco. Can.Tire fixed it last time, but only up to now when I saw it flat again. Costco said today they were not able to locate any problem and advised it might be a problem with sidewalls and told me to get a new one. Both tires are flat now.

Wondering, if warranty handles such cases in this situations? Both tires have no defects at all. Sent email to Hyundai Canada with same question.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Spray soapy water in and around the valve and see if it bubbles. If it does, it could be loose and needs tightening.

Bent rims?

Another possibility, someone is messing with your tires.....letting air out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don’t know about Canadian tire warranties but here in the U.S. they’re handled separately from the new vehicle. Did the tire possibly overheat from being too low on air?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Have you had a full service tire shop check it out?
A lot of times the techs at places like Costco and Walmart are barely trained to replace tires, battery, oil and not much else. I would go to a shop that actually can patch tires and not just replace them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rims are fine, no cracks etc., mostly driving is just around our town and sometimes on highways, nothing special. Will check tomorrow with local dealer, see what they gonna say. Driving all times at recommended air pressure, checking constantly every month. What I was thinking today is I got these caps from chine showing air pressure, so could be a problem with one of the tire...However costco retuned unmounted wheel, so will go to kaltire tomorrow to see what they gonna say. Thanks guys for all your inputs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
As mentioned by nitely, try checking the valve. I had this loose/leaky valve stem issue before with my other vehicle which took me a while to pinpoint. Easy and cheap to replace.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I recommend going to the dealer. Many other service centers just don't have the best training.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Tire needs to be dunked in a tank of water to see where the bubbles are coming from. My local Discount Tire will do it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I recommend going to the dealer. Many other service centers just don't have the best training.
Disagree. Dealers are no more skilled than other shops. Tire shops do nothing but tires all day and if it is a good tire shop, they are likely to have better expertise than the dealer.

Reactions: bobsingh
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.