Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Accent GLS with 99K miles. Since the day I bought it (used), it's had a slightly rough idle - especially when the A/C is on. When I go up steep or long hills, I get a check engine light with a "knock sensor" code. I've had the knock sensor code about six or seven times in the past three years that goes off within a day or two.

Also, the A/C light flickers when the car's idling.
Recently, it's been burning a lot of oil and the exhaust area sounds like it's puttering a bit loud.

Three days ago, I took it in for an oil change, A/C recharge, and spark plug change.
I was able to drive in town about 40 miles and then I had a flashing check engine light come on.

Any ideas or has anyone experienced similar issues and can say what the problem/resolution was for their car?

This is my first Hyundai and probably my last, too.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums 00000732

A flashing check light usually means the engine is misfiring. It's not a good idea to continue to drive while the CEL is flashing. It can cause damage to the expensive catalytic converter.

BTW, it might be a good idea to repost your message on the correct Accent forum...link below. The folk who drive that model and may have suffered the same symptoms will be more likely to read there.

Regards.
Scottie.

RB (2012-2017) Accent - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts