Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I've just tried fitting a new after-market Sony stereo in my partners Getz. I thought I'd matched all the wires up correctly but when I plugged it in and started up the car the radio did not turn on and now the central locking is n't working. I'm thinking I've blown a fuse somewhere for the radio and central locking. Any ideas on what to do?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,096 Posts
Any ideas on what to do?
Yeah, check ALL the fuses.

If you use a 12V test lamp or voltmeter to do it you should be able to check every fuse on the car in about 5~10mins. If you look carefully you'll notice that each fuse has two little metal tabs on top. All you do is connect your black voltmeter probe to a good ground/earth, then touch the red probe to the metal tabs on top of each fuse (with the ignition switched on). Both tabs on each fuse should register the same voltage on the meter. If you get 12V on one tab and something significantly different on the other that means the fuse is blown.

Don't forget to test the fuse in the yellow plastic carrier too. That fuse supplies power to the interior light/dome lamp, so if that isn't working I'd start by checking the fuse in the carrier first.

Merry Xmas.
Scott.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts