Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

Yesterday I had a chance to test drive a Sonata.
I wanted to try the SE but none was available so I drove the Liminted.
Very impressed with the car so I went in to talk price.
The test car was blue with no Nav and I was looking for a white with the camel interior.
After about 15min the sales lady came back and announced that I was in luck , they found just one (ya right).
She handed me the price $26,040 ..tax Title and plates.
My jaw dropped , what a deal.
The dealer was in Indiana and I live in Michigan (6% sales tax) so I had to remind her and 10min later she came back with a new quote and just title and plates.
They charged $200 to get the car in Ohio and $200 extra for the paint.
This is my first quote and I would like your opinion on it.
The dealership (GMC ,Hyundai) was like a ghost town and they didn't even have a brochure on the 2011 Sonata.

Thanks Michael

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I am in Ohio. I did the Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky area. GLS' go below sticker. Limited and SE in the non-gray colors; they didn't seem to want to dicker much more than a couple hundered. MOST (I called over 20 dealers) would not even entertain the thought of talking price. I even tried www.zag.com and didnt have much luck on there either.

Where I did buy did work with me though because of the family/friend history of purchase. I am happy with the price and they did work well for my trade.

·
Banned
630 Posts
here in NY, there isn't much room for negotiation on a brand new, hot selling car like the sonata....but in other states maybe where they aren't such big movers, Hyundai discounts ALOT...

bottomline, if you are comfortable spending sticker or close to it, go for it. Just don't spend OVER sticker because the cars aren't in demand like that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Jul 22 2010, 06:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343831
Isn't MSRP on the car without Nav around $26,800?
He said that included Tax, Title, and Plates. I think Michigan sales tax is 7%, title and plates will usually run you around $250 or so. So his price before all of that would be around $24,102. Thats a pretty good price, especially considering they just threw the price at him without having to negotiate.

The dealer was in Indiana and I live in Michigan (6% sales tax) so I had to remind her and 10min later she came back with a new quote and just title and plates.
Which dealer did you go to? I am near Northwest Indiana, and am not against traveling a little ways to deal with a good dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts