Hyundai Forums banner

First Service Visit

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Adogg9626 
#1 ·
So I took my co-workers out to lunch the other day and it was a little hot. So one of them goes to roll down the front passenger window. No dice. I try the switch on the drivers door console and it works, all of the other door switches work, and the lock switch on the passenger door works. WTF... :mad:

Fast forward to today.

I take car in for service appt and first oil change. Find out that door switch is fried and a new one must be sent from either Alabama or Korea to replace it. :crying:

Not mad, but a little let down having a problem this early with only 4200 miles and 3 months of ownership.

But I got to keep my car while they order the switch, so I really happy about that!!

Also got 3 compliments on my spoiler...actually helped the dealer complete a sale.

#4 ·
I agree.

In fact, and this statement is meant to be generic and not just about Hyundai vehicles, I'm somewhat amazed that something as complicated as a new vehicle works as well as they do when we first drive them off of the lots. Especially when you add some of the high-tech features of the various sensors and the audio/nav systems.

#5 ·
In addition to what everyone else has already said, another thing to keep in mind is that you are reading this on a Hyundai enthusiast internet forum.

People come here to talk and discuss about their cars. Even if you read about 20 people all posting abot the same problem, remember theres tens of thousands of people out there not having that problem.

When I used to work at the service counter at Best Buy, I had a real negative opinion of iPods because in every shift, I would personally see 3-4 every single day come in broken. But I always had to remind myself that of those 3-4 that come back, theres millions that are out there working fine.

Hyundai hasnt earned a good reputation for service and reliability for nothing. Even though some of these cars will have problems, I am quite sure they will be able to fix them.

#7 ·
try not being able to push the brake pedal in to start that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

i may be without my car for a month..........and i'm now driving a bright royal blue nissan versa......

apparently there is a problem with the brake switch? so be aware fellow sonata drivers with push button ignition....

#8 ·
QUOTE (itsjusme51 @ Aug 20 2010, 01:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350726
try not being able to push the brake pedal in to start that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

i may be without my car for a month..........and i'm now driving a bright royal blue nissan versa......

apparently there is a problem with the brake switch? so be aware fellow sonata drivers with push button ignition....
Please not that!!! Anyway, Im out of state so the Red Sled is in the garage at home. Part should be here in a week.

Oh and I can top you itsjusme----had a car from a company whose name sounds like "LORD" that blew a tranny at 8K. Out of the car for a month, got it back, still had same problem.

Ill take a bad window switch over that any day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.