Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a 3,000 mile road trip through the U.S. driving on mainly interstate highways. This is my first vehicle with SCC (smart cruise control) and LKA (lane keeping assist). I must say these 2 features are game changers for me. They took away most of the tedium that comes with a long trip. I didn’t have to pay as much strict attention to driving with the SCC keeping a safe distance from vehicles ahead (even if they stopped) and LKA doing most of the steering. Yes, I had to keep my hands on the wheel but it was way more relaxed. I was way less fatigued after a 9 hour day of driving. I found the seat and ride very comfortable. I averaged 28 mpg doing 75 mph most of the time. The Santa Fe is a keeper!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just returned from a 3,000 mile road trip through the U.S. driving on mainly interstate highways. This is my first vehicle with SCC (smart cruise control) and LKA (lane keeping assist). I must say these 2 features are game changers for me. They took away most of the tedium that comes with a long trip. I didn’t have to pay as much strict attention to driving with the SCC keeping a safe distance from vehicles ahead (even if they stopped) and LKA doing most of the steering. Yes, I had to keep my hands on the wheel but it was way more relaxed. I was way less fatigued after a 9 hour day of driving. I found the seat and ride very comfortable. I averaged 28 mpg doing 75 mph most of the time. The Santa Fe is a keeper!
My very sentiments. I traded a 2012 PriusVi which did have the smart cruise control for a 2019 SantaFe ultimate as I wanted all of the safety features ( Consumer Reports did an extensive evaluation of these and helped me decide). I have to admit that they work quite well from the cameras to the autobraking. Back up when a car is coming that you didn't see and you will know what I mean. My wife loves the car and it takes awhile to learn everything but when you do they all work well. We have the turbo model and love it. Many don't like the auto engine stop but we had a Prius which always did that so for us it is routine. Bluelink works great and in North Texas the critical thing is an excellent climate control system. Great air conditioning.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd agree after my first trip of a decent length. The one thing with the adaptive cruised I noticed was that I could get behind a slower car and not realize he was doing 15 km/hr less that what my cruise was set at. Not a complaint, just an observation the first time using it on the highway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts