Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im rob,
ive just bought a H100 2.4td i am very happy with it apart from one thing,some times it doesnt want to start but most times its fine?
ie the other day it started fine got to work it started fine to come home at the end of day, sometimes it takes a little longer to start tho, then when i got home when to go back out 20mins later nothing!
it didnt want to start at all nothing, i am very confussed ive checked the engine everything seems to be ok,ive left it overnight tryed again this morn at its started no problems anyone got any ideas? or had this problem befor?
one other thing does anyone know how to top the gearbox oil up? mine looks like its got a slight leak?

thanks for your help looks like a good forum rob :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

when you say it won't start does the engine crank over normally on the starter motor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Montego @ May 2 2010, 05:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318757
welcome to the forums :00000732:

when you say it won't start does the engine crank over normally on the starter motor?
hi montego,no it doesnt crank over at all? when you turn the ignition on the glowplugs light goes off,
you hear a click from behind the drivers seat and nothing?any ideas

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (robbiedavis82 @ May 2 2010, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318805
hi montego,no it doesnt crank over at all? when you turn the ignition on the glowplugs light goes off,
you hear a click from behind the drivers seat and nothing?any ideas
yes, the most likely cause is that the starter motor is sticky at random times, there's nothing you can do about this apart from fitting a new one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Montego @ May 2 2010, 09:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318809
yes, the most likely cause is that the starter motor is sticky at random times, there's nothing you can do about this apart from fitting a new one.
you was right montego,
just had a mechanic friend to have a look, it is the starter motor or the solenoid on it as the time when it doesnt start if you tap the top of the starter motor it starts no problems,
think im going to order a new one just to be shore thanks for the help again :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts