Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened today. As much as you try and park far far away from people when you go to the store, there will always be that IGNORANT person who wants to park next to you. It never seems to fail that every car i buy, it always gets hurt.

Today i came out of the mall. I was only there for an hour. I parked at the end of the parking lot where there was only me and two other cars. Literally about ten or fifteen empty car lanes surrounding me. Came out and what do you know, there were some cars parked around me and the others. Now mind you, there are still about 10 or more empty spaces a few feet down.

I couldn't say it was that exact hooptie parked next me who hit the car, because it was full of dents and scratches anyway. It hurts to see the ignorance in people for other peoples personal property.

I just got in my car and left.

Anyone who lives in the indiana/chicago area know of any good shops that will fix this as if nothing ever happened? Also while they're at it, someone who can professionally detail my black car since it has all these scratches and swirls already with only 4500 miles. I saw a bird the other day land on my hood and flew away leaving fine claw scratches that i buffed out but you can still see it.

Anyway, this person who hit my passenger side door, left two small dime size dents with scuffs. I buffed out the scuffs a little bit ago as best as i could with some meguiars products, but i can still see those dents. One on top of each other. I got luck they didn't dent the curved line on the door, but right below it is one of the dents

How many of you have had this happen? :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
i got a dent on my 2013 turbo limited exactly 1 day later. passenger side door, right below the tapered edge of the door. I got lucky too, but not lucky enough to not have that dent.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I hate the lack of respect from people towards others people property. Amazing that people lack respect. Seems everytime someone is stepping up in society someone has to be jealous and try to make them feel like crap.
Sorry to hear about your dents.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hate that. My car was 3 days old when a rock came up off a truck and hit the hood and windshield. Worst part...I saw it coming but was in the middle lane on the highway, cars all around and no where to go. I now have a nice chip on the hood and small divot on the windshield. I suppose had it not hit the hood first I'd be yelling about needing a new windshield already. What can you do though? Cars are bought to drive and that's part of driving.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I hate that. My car was 3 days old when a rock came up off a truck and hit the hood and windshield. Worst part...I saw it coming but was in the middle lane on the highway, cars all around and no where to go. I now have a nice chip on the hood and small divot on the windshield. I suppose had it not hit the hood first I'd be yelling about needing a new windshield already. What can you do though? Cars are bought to drive and that's part of driving.
Ouch. That hurts to read that. Good thing as you said better those chip and divot then needing a whole new windshield.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Down here in Florida we ha Dentwizard. (Think it is spelled correctly)- the do a pretty good job.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Every dealership has a contract with a dent repair man. Go to your local dealership and get the dent mans phone number from one of the salesman and find out what day he comes to the dealership. Usually he comes out one day a week. For my dealership it was every Thursday at 1:00. I had 3 door dings on one of my Toyota's and he only charged me $50 total(cash) to pop them out, can't even tell they were there. He does it right there in the parking lot while you wait and these guys are excellent and very quick If you call a place like dentwizard you'll be charged much more.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
22,793 Posts
He does it right there in the parking lot while you wait and these guys are excellent and very quick.
Similar to the paintless hail/dent repair we see in our area of the country. The guys AND GALS (!) that do this are real pros.

You know you chose the right shop when you go in to have a hail ding repaired and out comes this little 30's-ish, freckle-faced, well-shaped redhead in skinny jeans and boots. To quote my neighbor: "Wish I would have had more dings!" :wub:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Similar to the paintless hail/dent repair we see in our area of the country. The guys AND GALS (!) that do this are real pros.

You know you chose the right shop when you go in to have a hail ding repaired and out comes this little 30's-ish, freckle-faced, well-shaped redhead in skinny jeans and boots. To quote my neighbor: "Wish I would have had more dings!" :wub:
Lol... Speaking of hail damage my father's honda accord got literally nailed in a hail storm.. Im talking close to 100 dings covering the hood, roof and trunk. I took his vehicle to the dent man i mentioned and he told me to call him in the fall when he's slow and he would get them all out for $150.00. My father ended up just selling the car before he got it fixed but i thought that was a heck of a deal. To make matters worse his car was black!

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dent Wizard, fantastic job but is it worth 150-200 to repair when it will only happen again????
Gotta be crazy to pay 150 to remove a door ding. I've seen the dent guys in action, once they get at the dent it only takes a few minutes for them to fix it. I don't doubt dentwizard would charge that much. Like i said in my first post find out when the dent man is scheduled to be at your local dealership then find him and he'll do it for you right there on site. Just have to bring cash with you. He's already there so it's not like he has to make a special trip to fix your dent. I was there no longer than 10 minutes for him to remove 3 average eyesore type door dings for $50.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gotta be crazy to pay 150 to remove a door ding. I've seen the dent guys in action, once they get at the dent it only takes a few minutes for them to fix it. I don't doubt dentwizard would charge that much. Like i said in my first post find out when the dent man is scheduled to be at your local dealership then find him and he'll do it for you right there on site. Just have to bring cash with you. He's already there so it's not like he has to make a special trip to fix your dent. I was there no longer than 10 minutes for him to remove 3 average eyesore type door dings for $50.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Thanks Savagexx1. I will have to do that and see what they tell me. It's true though how we will get it fixed only to happen again LOL.

I also have a rock chip on my hood and chrome grille from the expressway. SMH...... :(

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks Savagexx1. I will have to do that and see what they tell me. It's true though how we will get it fixed only to happen again LOL.

I also have a rock chip on my hood and chrome grille from the expressway. SMH...... :(
Ehhh... You know stuff happens so it could happen again but just knowing it can be fixed at a very reasonable price makes me feel better. Im very careful about where i park and i don't mind walking a little further in parking lots. My wife is the one who got the door dings on one of our Toyota's but she always looks for the closest parking spots no matter where she goes. It can happen to even the most careful person. Hope you find a good dent guy. There's plenty of dealership's so im sure you'll find somebody who will take care of you.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Parking lot damage does not matter where you park, just the idiots that you park around

I once parked at the "Big Orange Home Improvement Store" literally in the last spots in the parking lot. Came out to find some moron had nailed me with one of those plywood carts. Instant orange racing stripes! Luckily, I am pretty handy with scratch remover and got ~90% of off my back door.

Point being, parking lot dings are like bird poop. Its gonna happen, just take care of it as soon as you get it. And don't get into too much of a funk about it...its just a car!

·
Registered
918 Posts
My dealership uses dentwizard and the guy will only charge you $20 for a small one to $75 for a big one. Nice guy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found a guy who works for a shop but does it on the side. He said he will charge me $50 a dent, but he has to see the car first. I'm very busy with work, so as soon as i can, i will make an appointment. Thanks every one for the INFO.

And i know, it is just a car. Not the end of the world, but it does cost money that's the part that sucks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I found a guy who works for a shop but does it on the side. He said he will charge me $50 a dent, but he has to see the car first. I'm very busy with work, so as soon as i can, i will make an appointment. Thanks every one for the INFO.

And i know, it is just a car. Not the end of the world, but it does cost money that's the part that sucks.
That's within reason i guess, a little high but not ridiculous. Hopefully you won't have to use his services again lol. Good luck with car.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
50 bucks is a steal. With the creases in our cars' body lines, if he will remove ANY dent for that price I would use him in a heart beat.

I have one on my rear passenger door right at the crease. Body shop wanted $350 for just that dent. Also it needs paint (thanx road gravel) and that was another $200.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts