Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my First Complimentary maintenance I go to KOEPPEL Hyundai in NY. Service Adviser, who filled out a work order sad that Complimentary maintenance, is FREE only at dealer, where I bought the car – so I have to pay for oil change and it will be around $100. Next day I pick up a car. In few days I take a look at work order , what they did and discover HUGE mistake from KOEPPEL Hyundai in NY – they replace synthetic oil with regular 5W20.

Now file complain with HyundaiUSA.

See uploaded receipts.
Font Material property Paper Parallel Document
Font Material property Paper Document Transparency

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
The location of free maintenance shouldn't be tied to a dealer. That's a Hyundai corporate thing as far as I know.

I bought my wife's SF in Birmingham and had the complimentary oil change 100 miles north in Huntsville at the Hyundai dealer. I remember asking the selling dealership if there were any restrictions and the salesman said you can get it done at any Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
'22 Calli FWD Portofino Gray/black int.
79 Posts
Not sure when complimentary maintenance started, but for my '22 transient customer is fine. I just had my first done, bought in Clearwater, serviced in Venice. My receipt showed as warranty work. They also rotated tires. Only thing I see is you were at 1.5 years from delivery. But waiting to lump together with recall and warranty issues.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 L
348 Posts
Sorry but when this type of post appears it rubs me the wrong way.
First you paid the bill without looking at it, your mistake. Second $100 cost for maintaining a $30 - $40 K vehicle.
Almost 8 K miles, to long on a new motor IMO. Again a $100 for 8 K miles.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson
453 Posts
Where do you see they did not use Synthetic or at least a Syn blend? I don't know if 5w20 Dino even exists or any Hyundai dealer would use it if it did.
Second that cost corresponds to what a Synthetic oil change at the dealer here is if not free.

Third, is that dealer doing the free changes? If so yes they should honor from wherever you got the car. There are some dealers, one here, that offers a separate plan for customers in place of the National free changes.

Fourth, I have not seen a charge for washer fluid with an oil change for something like 20 years..or more.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson
453 Posts
Sorry but when this type of post appears it rubs me the wrong way.
First you paid the bill without looking at it, your mistake. Second $100 cost for maintaining a $30 - $40 K vehicle.
Almost 8 K miles, to long on a new motor IMO. Again a $100 for 8 K miles.
? 8,000 Miles is what Hyundai recommends for my new car. He did nothing wrong on that.

I would not have let them do the work knowing they would charge. Either fight it or go somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 L
348 Posts
8,000 Miles is what Hyundai recommends for my new car. He did nothing wrong on that.
To each their own, I wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
8,000 Miles is what Hyundai recommends for my new car. He did nothing wrong on that.
To each their own, I wouldn't do that.
Yup, 8000 miles is way too long. 5000 at most. There's a YouTube channel called The Car Care Nut. He's a master Toyota technician and well he's got a video up of a Camry getting a new engine because the owner was told they could go 10,000 miles on an oil change. Granted it took 190K to get to that point, but it was a slow death for the engine as it was burning so much oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Obviously, people who reply have older Santa Fe models – before 2020. Now Hyundai promise Complimentary maintenance includes Hyundai approved oil and oil filter change. Offer valid only for new 2020 - 2023 Hyundai models purchased or leased on or after February 1, 2020. Complimentary on all new Model Year 2020 - 2023 Hyundai retail vehicles sold on and after February 1, 2020. Each service must be obtained within 1,000 miles or 1 month of the designated time listed in the Owner’s Manual. First maintenance at 8000+ - 500 miles. NOT less not more. And every 8000 miles. NOT 4-5K. Oil is ONLY SINTETIC 0W-20. Not BLEND.

HCM services are only available at authorized Hyundai servicing dealers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The 2.5T requires 0/30 oil, not 0/20. And even if it called for 0/20, I'd use 0/30:geek:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts