Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was finally able to clean, clay bar and protect the paint on Friday with the warm temps we had. Clay didn't pull up much, as expected, but still figured there would be some debris it removed. Used the Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax spray for the first time, will see how that holds up. Applied it dry and will apply wet as a spray on after a few washes. Feels good to have it all sealed. Wheels were a pain, heavy dusting compared to my last car but used Sonax wheel cleaner, a brush and mitt before hitting that with the ceramic/graphene flex wax. Ran out of Rain X so I ended up coating the exterior glass with the flex wax too, actually coated everything (wheel, trim, lights, door jamb paint, under hood and trunk paint, etc) except the tires. Will add Rain X in a wash or two. Probably the cleanest it will ever be. I typically do two deep clean/washes like this per year, in the Spring and Fall, adding the wax all over makes weekly/every other week washes faster.

Installed the Hyundai spash guards, PN for front L0F46AKA01 and rear L0F46AKG01 on Saturday. These are listed as the "sport" guards so they should work with any of the models that have the wider rocker trim. They are very small and will likely just help protect the gloss black trim which is all I was looking for, don't have a need for anything bigger, nor do I want that giant mud flap look. There is a slight gap against the body in some places but they fit fairly well, easy to install, did not have to remove the wheels, just used a small 1/4" drive ratchet with torx bit and even though it was rubbing the tire, it was doable. They are not the same gloss black but in real life they blend well.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was finally able to clean, clay bar and protect the paint on Friday with the warm temps we had. Clay didn't pull up much, as expected, but still figured there would be some debris it removed. Used the Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax spray for the first time, will see how that holds up. Applied it dry and will apply wet as a spray on after a few washes. Feels good to have it all sealed. Wheels were a pain, heavy dusting compared to my last car but used Sonax wheel cleaner, a brush and mitt before hitting that with the ceramic/graphene flex wax. Ran out of Rain X so I ended up coating the exterior glass with the flex wax too, actually coated everything (wheel, trim, lights, door jamb paint, under hood and trunk paint, etc) except the tires. Will add Rain X in a wash or two. Probably the cleanest it will ever be. I typically do two deep clean/washes like this per year, in the Spring and Fall, adding the wax all over makes weekly/every other week washes faster.

View attachment 455482

Installed the Hyundai spash guards, PN for front L0F46AKA01 and rear L0F46AKG01 on Saturday. These are listed as the "sport" guards so they should work with any of the models that have the wider rocker trim. They are very small and will likely just help protect the gloss black trim which is all I was looking for, don't have a need for anything bigger, nor do I want that giant mud flap look. There is a slight gap against the body in some places but they fit fairly well, easy to install, did not have to remove the wheels, just used a small 1/4" drive ratchet with torx bit and even though it was rubbing the tire, it was doable. They are not the same gloss black but in real life they blend well.

View attachment 455481
When I saw mud flaps I was scared, but those look really good. Might have to look into those, though I might have the backside paint matched in the piano black and leave the side facing the rocks/debri unpainted.

Looking good!

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
114 Posts

View attachment 455482

Installed the Hyundai spash guards, PN for front L0F46AKA01 and rear L0F46AKG01 on Saturday. These are listed as the "sport" guards so they should work with any of the models that have the wider rocker trim. They are very small and will likely just help protect the gloss black trim which is all I was looking for, don't have a need for anything bigger, nor do I want that giant mud flap look. There is a slight gap against the body in some places but they fit fairly well, easy to inLstall, did not have to remove the wheels, just used a small 1/4" drive ratchet with torx bit and even though it was rubbing the tire, it was doable. They are not the same gloss black but in real life they blend well.

View attachment 455481
Looks great!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am still deciding on turtle wax or adams for the graphene spray. Looks good though. I wanted to get some paint correction done first, but not sure about that either.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still deciding on turtle wax or adams for the graphene spray. Looks good though. I wanted to get some paint correction done first, but not sure about that either.
For the splash guard install, not bad. Did it after washing the car so less chance of scratching any paint and always easier to work on a clean car. No holes to drill, everything mounts in existing holes. All hardware included. Available many places, these were from a dealer I think , through eBay, around $45 for the full set. Just remove 3 torx head screws on each side up front and 2 in the rear. The rear also needs a little fastener removed underneath which I just used an old trim removal tool for. But, you don't need to have one, just a small flat blade screwdriver would work well because you don't need to worry about damaging it since all new hardware is supplied. I used a short 1/4" ratchet with a torx bit, I think T30 but not 100% sure, so that I didn't have to remove the wheels. There was a little rubbing against the tire but doable and way easier than removing the wheels.

As for the Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax, it was easy to use. I did the N Line, my wife's Atlas SEL R-Line and a Mazda CX-5, maybe used half a bottle, probably less than that. I did our 2 cars after wash/clay and applied dry and wiped away for a stronger base coat. According to the label, you want to avoid getting it wet for 24 hours. I had less time with the CX-5 so I washed and sprayed on while wet then towel dried it (microfiber). Then went back over the car with a slightly damp microfiber towel to remove any remaining residue. You can also just spray on, hose off with a strong fan like jet and then dry with microfiber towel. I think, I don't have the evidence to back it up yet, that applying while dry should make it last longer and then you can just refresh the coat every few car washes by spraying on and toweling off. The 3 methods above are all listed on the packaging. It was easy to wipe away, easier than previous waxes and I used it on every part of the exterior except the tires, which I think it is fine to use on anyway. It probably won't be as good as Rain X on the glass but time will tell, things were beading up and floating off nicely, easier to buff off than Rain X but a similar process.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I saw mud flaps I was scared, but those look really good. Might have to look into those, though I might have the backside paint matched in the piano black and leave the side facing the rocks/debri unpainted.

Looking good!
Yeah, not really mud flaps but I figured I would include the term to make it easy for people to find using the search function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts