Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So first up is window tint. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the dealer. They said they do 35% fronts and 15% rears. I think that is what I had on my old Corolla and it was ok. I would really like the 15% all around but they will only do "legal" tint. I am ok with it plus I already paid for it when I bought the car so whatever.

Next up, my wife has a 2013 GT and I like how the front piece between the lower and upper grill is blacked out. Has anybody here done this to theirs and maybe has some pics to post?! :)

Here's my GLS

Thanks -Frank

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You can plastidip the center front. You can search for tutorials on youtube. There's quite a few people here who've done it, including myself, but I recently peeled mine off :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool man. I like the color of your Elantra, very nice :) I am thinking something more subtle for mine. I think I may grab a can of the plasti-dip and black out the front middle piece and maybe the underside of the bumpers and see if I like it. Does the stuff really peel off as easily as they say?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, but you have to make sure there are enough coats and sprayed evenly. If it's too thin, you'll have some fun rubbing it off lol. I'd say 4-5 nice even coats and you're good.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Caution, it all starts with a tint :laughing:

Another option beside Plastidip is vinyl. I have a few matte black vinyls placed on my ride.

·
6,836 Posts
Caution, it all starts with a tint :laughing:

Another option beside Plastidip is vinyl. I have a few matte black vinyls placed on my ride.
It's like a tattoo: You can't get just one. :laughing:

(I don't have any tats, for the record, but my husband has a whole sleeve plus another one on the other arm.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts