Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after waiting for 2 months for my Elantra to come in from Korea it's finally here tomorrow. I live in Canada and ordered a 2018 GL manual. It's a very nicely equipped
Model with the 16inch alloys, Cruze, air, 7 inch LCD, etc etc for under 20g with 6spd manual. In the last couple months I could only find one other gL manual for sale in Canada. I find it hard to believe that no one wants to drive a manual these days and save a grand off msrp. Here is the only other one I was able to find for sale

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gl Cruise/bluetooth 50$/sem* on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camio...tent=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

Anyways glad it's finally here

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
So after waiting for 2 months for my Elantra to come in from Korea it's finally here tomorrow. I live in Canada and ordered a 2018 GL manual. It's a very nicely equipped
Model with the 16inch alloys, Cruze, air, 7 inch LCD, etc etc for under 20g with 6spd manual. In the last couple months I could only find one other gL manual for sale in Canada. I find it hard to believe that no one wants to drive a manual these days and save a grand off msrp. Here is the only other one I was able to find for sale

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gl Cruise/bluetooth 50$/sem* on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camio...tent=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

Anyways glad it's finally here
Wow, is Hyundai marketing getting soft offering factory cruise with an MT? Daughter has a 2015 Kia Soul with a MT, was able to add cruise to hers for 55 bucks, took all of 20 minutes, dash even lights up.

Does have bluetooth so she can listen to Pandora with her iphone, can receive hand free calls, but I never learned if she can make calls with it.

Wife sure wanted an MT, been driving one all of her life, but wanted a few more goodies, no way. But at least the AT can be operated in manual mode, use that all the time, we just make believe we are stepping on the clutch.

Have to go to Italy to get an MT, AT's are rare over there, guess Italians like to drive their vehicles without turning the job over to a computer.

Do kind of like having an AT for driving up oil changing ramps, but this is about the only time. Guess backing up is also a bit easier.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Those of us that prefer manuals are a rare breed today.

Reactions: Old's Cool

·
22,788 Posts
Those of us that prefer manuals are a rare breed today.
We are! If I wasn’t getting so long in the tooth I MSU have opted for a model offering the MT. But the truth of the matter is I have become extremely spoiled by the AT. It seems to fit my “lazier as I age,” lifestyle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts