Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
error.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And for fun... This is what I used to drive...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (sdaume @ Jun 4 2010, 10:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329877
Very nice :thumbsup: How does the car sound with the quad-exhaust?
I think it sounds really good for a 4 cyl. Deep, not tinny. One of these days I will get a video up.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... Looks like some links are breaking already... Sorry to repost, but I figured I better in case they eventually all break.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
1,914 Posts
Best 11 Sonata I have see yet and I'm not a fan of aftermarket wheels or anything, they just go very well with that.

Why did you get rid of the IS?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Now all you need to do is GET THOSE WINDOWS TINTED! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks great! What size rims are those, 20's? How did you lower the car; did you just replace the springs? If so what kind are they or is it a complete coil-over system? Lastly, did you do the lighting mods yourself or are they aftermarket products?

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dang, those wheels, quad pipes and phantom black combo makes your ride very sinister looking. I like it! :grin:

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of the nicest '11 Sonata I've seen. Looks very clean and high-end. Great job.

As someone mentioned, why did you get rid of the Lexus? It was either a lease or you wanted extra change in dem pockets.

Since you are a in position to judge, how does the Sonata compare to that Lexus? Yes I know, at the end of the day it's still a Hyundai B)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the compliments.

The Lexus was a lease. I decided in this economy right now that it would make more sense to have extra money every month. I lowered my payments by almost $400 a month by getting the Sonata. That plus about $100 a month in insurance and free oil changes vs $98 oil changes and the decision was that much easier.

I have always been in love with the Mercedes-Benz CLS, then other more affordable 4 door coupes started coming out. I had decided that the VW CC would be my next car, that is until I saw pictures of the new Sonata. As soon as my lease was up, I went to the Hyundai dealer and got my Sonata. I wanted an SE, but in the short window of time I had there were NONE in Southern California or Nevada! I had to "settle" for the GLS.

When all is said and done I love the GLS and the body colored handles and grille. If I had been able to get the SE, I probably would have switched out the chrome anyways. I think I did a pretty good job building a pseudo SE (19" wheels, Dual exhaust with quad tips, 1.25" drop, strut bar, LED fogs, etc), but I do miss the Smart Key. Maybe I will tint the windows, paint the calipers and I might try those turn signal mirrors. Also I'm starting to save for a black and grey leather interior with red suede accents, or a 2012 Sonata Turbo, time will tell.

Driving the IS is more peppy 305hp vs 198/205hp it is also a noticeably smaller car when driving. The rear wheel drive also helps on cornering. Yet I get WAAAAYYY more compliments on the Sonata. I used to get "nice wheels" when I drove the Lexus. Now I get people breaking their necks, walking backward in parking lots after they pass to look at it. People calling it a Mercedes, Aston, (insert luxury/exotic name here). I am happy with my decision to switch over to the Sonata. Wished I could have gotten the exact car I wanted but I am happy nonetheless!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (Jamie M @ Jun 5 2010, 08:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329960
WOW your car looks amazing

what kind of lights do you have in your DRL?
68 SMD LED H7 bulb from eBay. I had a connection issue at first, but I am happy with them.

QUOTE (Doc_V @ Jun 5 2010, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329983
Looks great! What size rims are those, 20's? How did you lower the car; did you just replace the springs? If so what kind are they or is it a complete coil-over system? Lastly, did you do the lighting mods yourself or are they aftermarket products?

Thanks!
19x8.5 wheels with 1.25" drop springs from Shark. Front lighting (fogs, Xenon, LED DRL) was me and a friend, Rear tailights are KDM high end Sonata replacements from Shark.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Jun 5 2010, 02:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330024
LED Strip lighting. Not very expensive, I found on eBay. Wired to the high beams so they are driving lights, or I can drive with them on at night, (since I replaced high beams with led single action bulbs)

19x8.5 wheels with 1.25" drop springs from Shark. Front lighting (fogs, Xenon, LED DRL) was me and a friend, Rear tailights are KDM high end Sonata replacements from Shark.

Where did you get the exhaust? More importantly, did you have to make a cut-out on the GLS bumper to accommodate the exhaust tips or does the bumper already come that way on the GLS? I know thats not the case on the Limited.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts