Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in contact with a very well known user on the Facebook sonata society Facebook page recently. He is going to start providing mod's for us LF guys and headlights. Right now there are practically zero aftermarket options, they all require you order individual little parts, crack open your headlights, and pray you do it right. This guy can do it for us, and his work looks awesome.

I asked him if he was a member here and he said he was not so I'm posting on his behalf. I have not ordered mine yet, waiting on a couple of things, but wanted to give you guys the heads up.

Here is a link to his linked profile - Jerrek Cooper

·
Registered
198 Posts
Does he do projector retrofits? If so, can the end user choose which kind? They can be tricky if heavy mods are needed for proper fitment. Some vehicles have direct plug and play options from sources like TRS which makes it so much easier. I did my 2013 with BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI H1 7.0 and it required a ton of cutting to fit. Not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does he do projector retrofits? If so, can the end user choose which kind? They can be tricky if heavy mods are needed for proper fitment. Some vehicles have direct plug and play options from sources like TRS which makes it so much easier. I did my 2013 with BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI H1 7.0 and it required a ton of cutting to fit. Not for the faint of heart.
He said he could do pretty much anything. I took a look at some of his older posts, and he has a solid post history ( not just like this one post). He has a lot of other mods listed and explained on various posts ( like engine stuff, lap3 tuner, exhaust stuff) so I dont have any reason to doubt his ability.

Again I don't personally know the guy, and have not done business with him. I just know this is something alot of folks on the board here want to do but are hesitant to crack open their bubs themselves.

I would say give him a call or hit him up on Facebook. Let him know I sent you from the forum!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm sure some will find it helpful. I don't plan to do any headlight mods on my 2018 Limited as they are stock LEDs and I am satisified with how they look.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I'm sure some will find it helpful. I don't plan to do any headlight mods on my 2018 Limited as they are stock LEDs and I am satisified with how they look.

For sure! you have any mods on your car?

·
Registered
287 Posts
****! I saw this and got excited for better functioning headlights. not more cosmetic mods. Oh well. At least they look nice.

·
Registered
198 Posts
****! I saw this and got excited for better functioning headlights. not more cosmetic mods. Oh well. At least they look nice.
Sounds like you could request a good set of aftermarket projectors mated to high quality HIDs which would certainly outperform OEM halogen projectors by far.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I want LED headlights for my 2019 SEL. I got a set online from Diode Dynamics but they couldn't be fitted and still put the back covers back on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I want LED headlights for my 2019 SEL. I got a set online from Diode Dynamics but they couldn't be fitted and still put the back covers back on.
Don't they offer deeper covers to accomodate LEDs with rear fans?

I'm pretty sure you can find them at TRS, or even a DIY retrofit.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,449 Posts

Vleds sells universal fit replacement dust caps to allow larger bulbs to fit. $ 8 a pair RUBBER CAPS

·
Premium Member
133 Posts

Probably a duh but what is TRS? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Thanks, I'll look into them. Does anyone know which size caps we need? I was looking at the options on the rubber caps link but don't know what size is correct.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts