Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry no vid guys but I finally got to race a 3.8L V6 gencoupe. So I was crusin on the way home from work when a Gencoupe with angle eye headlights creeps up on me. After it passes me I look on the back to see if its a 3.8L it was. I also noticed a girl in the passangers seat dancing around. So in my head I was hopng this guy would show off. While next to him I gave a full throttle take off and passed a little making as much engine and exhaust noise as the Sonata could. Hoping he would take the bait I let off the gas to slow down back to his speed, Then I hear it. His car down shift and he starts to take off. I mashed the gas. By the time the Sonata's slow transmission down shifted he was right next to me. We were doing both at full throttle and I instally killed his pull. From 75mph to about 100mph we were dead even. Then my car shifted into 4th gear and he passed me I was at his rear bumper from 100mph to 120mph . He only gained that car lenght as my Sonata 1st shifted into 4th but I stayed right with him afterwards. At 120mph we shut it down. I was pleased with the race even tho he passed me I was allways right there.

A roll race from 75mph is a bad race for the Sonata and I wish I would have been able to race him from a slower race. Maybe next time.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts