Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LRW! (Long Read Warning)

I am genuinely excited about this as I have been looking for some time. I found and purchased an OEM spoiler from Garvey Hyundai in Queensbury, NY. This is a painted factory original for my 2009 GLS. Now clarification is needed. It is painted Bright Silver(K1) my car is Slate Blue. (BF) This is okay since primed it's $100. Painted, $50.00! With shipping $67.79! I will have it painted and install it myself.

Anyone looking for a 2009-2010 Sonata Spoiler is aware how scarce they are. Many "OEM like" spoilers are available but, none of them floated my boat. There is just something about this exact spoiler. Spoiler & Wing King no longer carried theirs for the 2009-2010. So, if you are looking, Garvey Hyundai of Queensbury, NY has them. In my research the Hyundai warehouse supposedly has them. Part#08340-3K150 is the superseded number from 3K000, thanks Cesar! (Potamkin, partshyundai.com).

Now, if I wasn't working a porch party festival & private garden party this weekend... :bigemo_harabe_net-0

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice.. but is there even a difference between the 06-08 spoilers and the 09-10s? Didnt think there was....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vehicle difference...

Nice.. but is there even a difference between the 06-08 spoilers and the 09-10s? Didnt think there was....
Fedge, I believe you are correct. Yet, the part numbers do supersede to the later 3K150 and are listed for the 2009-2010 model years.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoilers...

The lip spoiler on the 09-10's really transforms the back end of the car IMO. Glad it came on my '10 SE.
Absolutely! It is amazing how such a little thing as this low profile spoiler changes the whole look of the car. My Sonata is a GLS but my living room is an SE in disguise. :cheer:

·
supporting vendor
246 Posts
:D Glad you found them!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woohoo! Got one from hyundaipartszone.com for $24 PAINTED AND SHIPPED! Thanks for the heads up!

Quick question...did you guys install it with the provided screws AND double sided tape or did you just slap it one with the double-sided 3M tape? I'm nervous about the whole punching holes thing.

-R

·
Registered
446 Posts
Woohoo! Got one from hyundaipartszone.com for $24 PAINTED AND SHIPPED! Thanks for the heads up!

Quick question...did you guys install it with the provided screws AND double sided tape or did you just slap it one with the double-sided 3M tape? I'm nervous about the whole punching holes thing.

-R
Where? I can't find one

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Spoiler...

Where? I can't find one
ForceEdge, I just dumped the box with the information on it but I will dig it out of the dumsta... Garvey Hyundai in Queensbury, NY is who had my spoiler. Is that close to you?

Mine is getting painted now. Paint code was K1, Bright Silver which was 1/2 the cost of primed. $50 vs $100! :D

Part number is: 08340-3K150-K1
Checked further the site is: hyundaishop.com

Let me know if you need anything else or if this gets you there.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installation...

-R
I will be using both. Template for the trunk is provided for aligning and center punching hole locations. It's a "press & click" install. I will do a photo record of the install and post it.

Since Ron has finished with "Rush" I will see if he is available to Direct. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
ForceEdge, I just dumped the box with the information on it but I will dig it out of the dumsta... Garvey Hyundai in Queensbury, NY is who had my spoiler. Is that close to you?

Mine is getting painted now. Paint code was K1, Bright Silver which was 1/2 the cost of primed. $50 vs $100! :D

Part number is: 08340-3K150-K1
Checked further the site is: hyundaishop.com

Let me know if you need anything else or if this gets you there.
Of course they don't offer the color I need.
Ebony black :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Of course they don't offer this part to my postal code.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OEM Spoiler...

Body shop has finished with the painting. Will pick up Monday and hopefully begin installation. :)

Bummer they won't mail to Canada!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spoiler update...

Greetings, Picked up my spoiler from the paint shop today. They did a great job at the match and work itself.

So, Purchase & shipping: $67.79
Paint: $68.28
Total: $136.07

I am very happy at my total investment. (minus my labor of course) I feel I got a great deal and would recommend the same to any one.

Here are pictures just setting on my trunk. I will post pictures and document the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
just ordered one.
don't know if I will receive it or not, duo to limited quantities.
I ordered one on Sunday but they called me back Monday saying out of stock on my color (and most others) . They had some primed ones left but I was only interested in the prepainted for $50.

If anybody got a K1 bright silver they don't want, let me know.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
K1 Spoiler...

I ordered one on Sunday but they called me back Monday saying out of stock on my color (and most others) . They had some primed ones left but I was only interested in the prepainted for $50.

If anybody got a K1 bright silver they don't want, let me know.
Bummer, my K1 is now BF (slate blue)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts