Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my system. Spliced into the current radio using a wiring diagram from hmaservice.com and a 2-way high/low converter. Sounds fantastic!

Got some semi-decent pics of the install i will post later on tonight. Will get some better pics tomorrow when its light outside.

Questions? Fire away!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Definately interested in those pics and info on this subject. I got two 10" subs in storage waiting for a home. What kind of box did you use? Sealed, ported? Any truck rattle? With two 12's it must sound like a beast!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 12" ported kicker box, not gonna bother making a custom box for weak **** subs like cvrs, lol. Barely any trunk rattle but im going to dynamat it anyway. The only thing that really rattles is the frame around my license plate but thats only when their SLAPPING.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture of the high/low converter spliced into the stock harness. Spliced the converter into the rear left and right speakers. I used an Axxess high/low which i was told was a hunk of **** but it does the job just fine and was only 15 bucks.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/692/img0016ev.jpg

Here is the picture of the 5 farad Lanzar cap and my zx550.2 amp.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6982/img0012x.jpg

If anyone has any questions about disassembling the dash to take out the radio, lemme know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
717 Posts
How old are you? Just want to see why something like this is even needed in a car like this. If you like it then great. I used to have subs in all my cars up to my college years. Then I figured it was a waste of space, money and didn't really think it was cool any more. Again each car and mod is to your own taste. I just said OK because one the install looks cheap and the components are cheap. If it was a custom fiberglass box with RE or ID subs I might give more of a OK response.

·
Registered
424 Posts
wow that's a lot of bass! good to know there are some young bucks who are sportin the sonata!

the yf seems to attract a wide age group, from the young age range to the old retirement ages! at least that's what I noticed so far!

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Aug 6 2010, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347635
How old are you? Just want to see why something like this is even needed in a car like this. If you like it then great. I used to have subs in all my cars up to my college years. Then I figured it was a waste of space, money and didn't really think it was cool any more. Again each car and mod is to your own taste. I just said OK because one the install looks cheap and the components are cheap. If it was a custom fiberglass box with RE or ID subs I might give more of a OK response.

agreed...Kicker is complete OTC ****....almost as bad as Pyle..... I'll give u an "A" for effort but an "F" for application and lack of quality of equipment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Aug 6 2010, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347635
Im 20 right now. I currently listen to alot of dubstep/trance stuff and i love the bass. I installed a remote line so i can adjust the bass if i want to listen to rock or something different. Im not really concerned with how the sound is or i wouldnt have bought kickers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do the plastic/metal panels rattle/buzz like crazy? Often when I hear a boomer going by you can hear a lot of the panels buzzing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Aug 6 2010, 03:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347640
agreed...Kicker is complete OTC ****....almost as bad as Pyle..... I'll give u an "A" for effort but an "F" for application and lack of quality of equipment.

QUOTE (ssmuff @ Aug 7 2010, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347843
Understand just the older people on this forum are more into quality then quantity.

It's amazing how you guys can judge someone's sound system without even hearing it. Anything off the shelf at walmart would sound better than the "premium" system in my car. Especially being in a sealed box in the trunk and not hanging from the rear deck, free air.

There's nothing wrong with Kicker if all you want is a little bump. ****, if Kicker and Pyle made cars, they'd be Hyundai and KIA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good setup you got there. that's a mighty amp! that's a class d mono amp i beleive right? 1200w? personally i love kicker subs specially for the bass... the 10" deliver a way cleaner sound then the 12" 's in my opinion

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Aug 8 2010, 04:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347911
Where did you run your power wire into the cabin?
Took out the backseat and ran all wires under there. Ran the power down the drivers side with the remote wire and the bass control knob wire for my amp. Just simply popped off the doorsills and the seatbelt panel. There is more than enough room for a 4 gauge power wire and other small ones. Didnt have to drill a hole in the firewall, just pulled the wire through the grommet on the drivers side. Ran the RCA's through the passenger side (trying to avoid interference at all costs).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (The_White_Pearl_2011 @ Aug 8 2010, 03:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347910
Good setup you got there. that's a mighty amp! that's a class d mono amp i beleive right? 1200w? personally i love kicker subs specially for the bass... the 10" deliver a way cleaner sound then the 12" 's in my opinion
Haha you would think so because of its size! But its a zx550.2. I got the amp for really cheap so i just wired them up mono. Im planning on getting rid of the CompVR's and the amp and possibly moving up to CompVX's and a zx1000.1 mono amp. I get great accommodations through Kicker at work, so why not?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (Charade @ Aug 7 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347848
Do the plastic/metal panels rattle/buzz like crazy? Often when I hear a boomer going by you can hear a lot of the panels buzzing.
I dont get any buzzing at all. My rearview mirror is bouncing all over the place but thats about it. I bought a 15ft roll of dynamat and did the whole trunk over so its a nice distant thump when my subs are on. It sounds fantastic in the cabin.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ummmm yes.. You're better off just posting in threads you're interested in instead wasting time ripping on someone's system and asking them to justify their sound system to you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts