Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing this nerve-wracking vibration noise from the interior of my car and it's been driving me CRAZY! I checked to make sure it was not the glove box, the front dash slots (where a radio would go if I had one), the little slot down by the cig. lighter, the little slot by the fog light switch, etc, etc. I have not been able to figure it out until today. It's my freakin' headliner (I guess that's what you would call it)!!! Basically it's the interior roof of my car. As long as I drive with my hand on the ceiling, I don't get the noise! Anyone have any ideas as to how to keep this from rattling without keeping my hand in the air when I drive?

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,855 Posts
That does sound annoying, and not normal!  What general area is the rattle in?  Where do you have to push to keep it from rattling?    

You've got a 2010, take advantage of that warranty - let the shop deal with it. 

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Aug 9 2010, 06:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348257
That does sound annoying, and not normal!  What general area is the rattle in?  Where do you have to push to keep it from rattling?    

You've got a 2010, take advantage of that warranty - let the shop deal with it. 
Yes, let the shop deal with it. It's irritating, but you've done the hard work for them already by isolating where the rattle is coming from. Dealerships HATE it when people drop off the car and tell them to find the rattle and fix it. I've even heard of some who accept it, keep it for an hour without doing any work on it, call up the customer to tell them they couldn't find the source and charge them an hour of diagnostic time almost as a punishment. Not legal, but how you gonna prove it, eh? Believe me, they do not want their flat-rate techs wasting shop time and risking their dealership's insurance by driving a customer's car around distractedly on the road pushing, poking, and prodding trim panels trying to find out where rattles are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Aug 10 2010, 12:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348348
Try pulling your passenger visor down.  Mine rattles unless I have it down sometimes, and I have a 2010.  Maybe we both have the same problem.
My husband's visor rattles in his 2010. When I ride with him, I keep the visor down. I tried that in mine, but it did not help. I also discovered another noise coming from what I think is the rear passenger panel. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to drive me around so I can pin-point it. I may have to bring it in to the shop sometime in September once I finish with this TDY and have a little bit of free time. The noises really are driving me bonkers!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
spray some "great stuff" up in there?

my passenger headrest rattles, and somewhere near the back seat or trunk or something.

I solve the problem by riding my motorcycle. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts