Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Accent in 2012, on the test drive my knee hit the OD button they put on the shifter column. With no lockout! Nine years now my phone in my right pocket, my leg, my wallet, I constantly hit that stupid button. It's not a big deal at 30mph on city streets but when you're cruising at 70mph it gets mildly exciting. A couple years ago I measured everything, opened Fusion360 to create a cap and spurs I could run a reusable zip-tie through. Got that done and the printer fritzed. Fixed it, fritzed, finally got it printed. . . and it wasn't tall enough. I gave up and dealt with it holding the shifter when on the highway, etc.
Then I thought, Hey, this Coke Zero cap is almost the same color, it fit, I had black duct tape which I cut too short {grumble} but it works! IT WORKS! No more tapping the OD button!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
it's funny but when I was overseas while flying the Huey I had a similar problem with hitting this stupid button all the time! Fixed by covering the darn thing with my field glasses cap!! Man, you just brought home some funny memories!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's funny but when I was overseas while flying the Huey I had a similar problem with hitting this stupid button all the time! Fixed by covering the darn thing with my field glasses cap!! Man, you just brought home some funny memories!!!!
I can't believe it took me 9 years to do. . . this. Tape and a bottle-cap. Drove it for the 1st time today, was awesome though. No worries about popping it out of OD.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I can't believe it took me 9 years to do. . . this. Tape and a bottle-cap. Drove it for the 1st time today, was awesome though. No worries about popping it out of OD.
Great minds work together!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts