Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After saying over and over again I would, I'll be getting a full 3" straight pipe from the cat back and a later adding a magnaflow. If I can't get the exhaust I'll be getting an injen cai intake, I'm also getting lowering springs and a front lip. Hopefully all within the next 2 weeks!B)

·
Registered
176 Posts
After saying over and over again I would, I'll be getting a full 3" straight pipe from the cat back and a later adding a magnaflow. If I can't get the exhaust I'll be getting an injen cai intake, I'm also getting lowering springs and a front lip. Hopefully all within the next 2 weeks!B)
Just make sure the exhaust has a nice resonator , I only have a custom axle back and it drones a lot. Cheap muffler I bought as well doesn't help

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am also thinking in doing the full exhaust, I believe that the car is very restricted and that mod will have the biggest impact in performance. I don't know if 3" is too much for a 1.6L engine. Maybe I will install 2.5" or 2.75" diameter pipe.

If you do the cat back please add some pictures of the process if you can. :D

·
22,793 Posts
I would imagine 2.5" would be adequate, especially considering a little 1.6L. That dimension was good enough for small block domestic V-8's. You need a certain amount of back pressure.

Consider stainless steel tubing if you can find (and afford) it. Finding someone expertly skilled in the fine art of tube bending is difficult enough.

Hey, while you're under there, why not run dual pipes out the back? It's only money. :grin:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would imagine 2.5" would be adequate, especially considering a little 1.6L. That dimension was good enough for small block domestic V-8's. You need a certain amount of back pressure.

Consider stainless steel tubing if you can find (and afford) it. Finding someone expertly skilled in the fine art of tube bending is difficult enough.

Hey, while you're under there, why not run dual pipes out the back? It's only money. :grin:
I'm not looking for performance as much as sound, 3" would sound the deepest. But I do plan on after when I get some extra cash putting the veloster 4-1 headers on the exhaust also. I won't be putting the resonator as the drone doesn't bother me. I've gotten used to it with all my friends cars. Including a straight piped wrx and that thing is loud while driving haha. If anything I'll be adding a muffler and removing the cats and changing the header later on. I'll have pictures of everything I do for sure!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Id be interested in knowing the mpg impact would be.
Can you post here after your exhaust is installed on what the difference is?
If its a small enough difference I might consider an exhaust myself.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not sure if it even makes a difference , my mpg was the same after I did my exhaust. Although you will be on it harder because it sounds awesome .

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah what Michale said, considering it would only make the engine more "efficent" if it generates anymore power, the only thing that should affect mpg would be a heavy foot.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully if everything goes to plan I'll be getting the exhaust Wednesday.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The exhaust is a no go, I bought the H&R springs last night.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nice how much did that cost I've been debating about gettin them
$230 on THMotorsports. They were sold out (back order) on tiretrack. They're $210 there. They're made for the Kia Rio but I've read they fit our cars perfect in some fourms... I'll let you know personally if it makes you feel better about getting them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After waiting almost a week for it to ship I messaged them about it to update me on the status and I hot a reply saying that the item was not in stock and had to be ordered from the manufacturer (H&R) but don't know when the eta will be... even though they have it listed as "in stock" not back order or special order. There's no information on it regarding it to be ordered from the manufacturer. So I'm canceling the order tonight and I'll be looking for a different deal on the springs I'll keep you updated. Meanwhile, I ordered some hella horns that shipped today and should be here Thursday. I'll post a write up on that if anyone wants.

·
Registered
436 Posts
After waiting almost a week for it to ship I messaged them about it to update me on the status and I hot a reply saying that the item was not in stock and had to be ordered from the manufacturer (H&R) but don't know when the eta will be... even though they have it listed as "in stock" not back order or special order. There's no information on it regarding it to be ordered from the manufacturer. So I'm canceling the order tonight and I'll be looking for a different deal on the springs I'll keep you updated. Meanwhile, I ordered some hella horns that shipped today and should be here Thursday. I'll post a write up on that if anyone wants.
I've been wanting to change the pathetic stock horns, but still am not comfortable with doing it just yet. I would appreciate it if you could leave a writeup when you install them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts