Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Elantra Hybrid Limited
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Appreciate your response in helping me figure out following:
1. When closing the trunk, I need to use more force than with my other old and current cars. If I use too little force, trunk will just bounce back. Is that normal and if not, is it easily fixable by dealer? Car has less than 500 miles on it.
2. Is there a tripmeter that I can reset after I fill up my car? If so, where is it or better how do I access it?
3. When should I do first oil change? Should I wait for 7,500 miles as mentioned in user manual or do it much sooner?

Answers:
1. Trunk closing by force is fine for some people, same issue for other people, will bring it to the dealer and ask them if simple fix is possible. It may be related to the misalignment of the right tail light (trunk's little bit twisted) and not so simple to fix. Here is related thread: Tail light misaligned.
2. Helpful video here: How To Turn On Your Digital Speedometer on Your 2021 Hyundai Elantra SEL Sedan Instructions Shown - YouTube

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
1. might be a manual adjustment, ours seems to work fine
2. i have our car set up so that i see current computed fuel economy. if i toggle down the control on the right side of the steering wheel, left middle, it then changes to i forget what, then another toggle brings up current mileage, and mpg. at every fill up, i press in the toggle switch, and it zeros it all out, and starts over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
2. i have our car set up so that i see current computed fuel economy. if i toggle down the control on the right side of the steering wheel, left middle, it then changes to i forget what, then another toggle brings up current mileage, and mpg. at every fill up, i press in the toggle switch, and it zeros it all out, and starts over.
I don't believe that is how it works on hybrid limited model. I found this option: Click into Hybrid icon and than click into Fuel Economy graph to get from summary to detail screen. Once there, there is a RESET button. Also, I configured somewhere to reset trip computer on Fuel Fill-up so that may be it.
If that is it, I have only one trip meter that will
1. auto reset on fill-up or
2. In case I want to track a long trip across the country: manually reset if I hit that reset button and change configuration from "reset trip computer on Fuel Fill-up" to Manual.

I hope that I am missing something and that we have more options. My other car has 2 trip meters + a button to change from a. milage driven -> b. trip meter 1 -> c. trip metr 2 -> a. -> b.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out this video on Youtube, at 4 minutes she gets into the trip meters. They operate the same across digital dashes. How To Turn On Your Digital Speedometer on Your 2021 Hyundai Elantra SEL Sedan Instructions Shown - YouTube
That video helped. My mistake is that I was trying to cycle from wrong icon: car between two lanes. Once I try cycling from other icons available when I changed the mode, I soon got to the correct icon where i was able to get to speedometer, trip meter... when pushing up and down button.
Thanks @joe6591 !!!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I don't believe that is how it works on hybrid limited model. I found this option: Click into Hybrid icon and than click into Fuel Economy graph to get from summary to detail screen. Once there, there is a RESET button. Also, I configured somewhere to reset trip computer on Fuel Fill-up so that may be it.
If that is it, I have only one trip meter that will
1. auto reset on fill-up or
2. In case I want to track a long trip across the country: manually reset if I hit that reset button and change configuration from "reset trip computer on Fuel Fill-up" to Manual.

I hope that I am missing something and that we have more options. My other car has 2 trip meters + a button to change from a. milage driven -> b. trip meter 1 -> c. trip metr 2 -> a. -> b.....
been working like that since 3/2021 on our hybrid

·
Registered
101 Posts
That video helped. My mistake is that I was trying to cycle from wrong icon: car between two lanes. Once I try cycling from other icons available when I changed the mode, I soon got to the correct icon where i was able to get to speedometer, trip meter... when pushing up and down button.
Thanks @joe6591 !!!
I tried to type out how to do it and thought, no, I'll do a video, then thought, no, I'll find a video! Glad it helped.

These cars are like learning a new software program. There are levels deep where you least expect it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried to type out how to do it and thought, no, I'll do a video, then thought, no, I'll find a video! Glad it helped.

These cars are like learning a new software program. There are levels deep where you least expect it.
Yeah, I myself am a software developer so was frustrated as why this simple task is not working as expected. Of course, all issues seem simple once you figure them out, LOL.
Have a great rest of week!

·
Registered
2022 Elantra Limited Hybrid
226 Posts
Engines are much cleaner and tolerances tighter compared with years past. Probably just do it at either 7500 mi or 12 months. I just had mine done with about 5000 miles, but it was 12 months.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
When should I do first oil change? Should I wait for 7,500 miles as mentioned in user manual or do it much sooner?
you should check with your dealer. our dealer says 1 yr/12k. our car is at 7300, and has been done twice. first time at about 1k, and switched to full synthetic. the second after a year, and the car had less than 5k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts