Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just joined. I own a Hyundai Elantra 1.6GLS 2002 model. Can any one tell me where the fuel filter is located

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by gordo@Oct 5 2004, 03:34 PM
Its inside the gas tank - part of the fueld pump
[snapback]1502[/snapback]​

Does this mean that it i have to change the pump anytime i want to change the filter or is it something that is detachable from the pump. Like i can but it separate from the Pump.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Its actually seperate from the fuel pump - sorry I got mixed up.

To get at the filter you have to remove the rear seat cussion to get at an access panel. Hyundai parts online gives the following instructions:

Reduce the internal pressure of the fuel lines and hoses by completing the following operations.

After removing the rear seat cushion, disconnect the fuel pump harness. (Electrical connections)

Start the engine. Allow it to stop by itself, then turn the ignition switch OFF.

Disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.

Connect the fuel pump harness connector.

Remove the eye bolts while holding the fuel filter nuts securely.

CAUTION: Cover the fuel filter with a shop towel to avoid residual gasoline from splashing.

Remove the fuel filter mounting bolts, then remove the fuel filter from the fuel filter clamp.

After replacing the fuel filter, check for fuel leaks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gordo,

You're a life save but i one more problem at the moment the Hyundai dealrer here does not have the filter in stock i need to order from abroad but i dont know the part # for the fuel filter. Can you help with this

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm sorry I can't get that info for you - The North American models are different - the Elantra GLS here is standard with a 2.0 litre engine so I'm not sure it would have the same filter.

Your nearest authorized Hyundai distributor is Gambia Hyundai Motor Company, Address P.O.BOX 2633, KANIFING INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, THE GAMBIA
Phone 220-391930
Fax 220-393447

The complete global list of authorized Hyundai distributors can be found at

http://global.hyundai-motor.com/index.aspx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the same dealer who told me they dont know the part # unless if i take out the filter and send it to them. I guess the only option now is to take it out and send it to the dealer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Warning:

If you are attempting to replace this filter yourself, it will prove to be a royal pain in the arse ifyour mind is not 100% on the job.

With this style fuel filter it is quite easy to leave out any of the o-rings that must be placed in the fuel filter. The fuel pump will not supply fuel to your engine if any single one of these o-rings are ot refitted to your new filter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by glimerman@Oct 5 2004, 04:46 PM
Hi i just joined.  I own a Hyundai Elantra 1.6GLS 2002 model.  Can any one tell me where the fuel filter is located
[snapback]1498[/snapback]​

Ok....

Please just check that because ( as I Know) most of the vehicles with fuel injectors are the same:

go to the rear wheel(right one,,,if nothing there then left one)
and look in front of it from the ground.(I mean sleep on the ground and enter your head in front of the rear wheel and check the car from below) you will see the fuel filter conncted to the hoses of the fuel.

What GORODO said.. is complelty correct.. but the position of the filter is not with the pump.

check that and tell me please....
Also I did that with no problems at all in both of my car..the previous Sonata 96 and the current XG30 ...

Wish all best luck and thanks.

thanks all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts