Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
(2008 Santa Fe 2WD, 3.3 V6)
I have a "shudder" that I feel when going from a stop, and I feel it as well as hear it. It goes away >20mph. My gut says one of the two below items, but no OBD codes at all:

1. Engine misfire--like it's running on 3 cylinders (low speed <20 mph)
2. Transmission slipping (again, < 20 mph); shifts fine and on-time >20mph.

I searched here for "shudder at low speeds" and there's a lot of stuff about flat-spot/hard-spot tires and drive axles. I leave those open as possibilities but my gut can't quite rationalize those. My mind may be playing tricks but it almost sounds like coughing--exactly like it would if 3 plug wires were pulled.

Once I get >20 it's smooth, it shifts on-time, there are no issues. I would think the tire thing would get worse at higher speeds or go away when tires warmed. This issue is consistent no matter how long I've been driving. I would also think the drive axle thing would get worse at higher speeds.

As for the trans--no trans codes show up, fluid was recently changed, and prior to change the fluid was red and smelled ok.

So bottom line--has anyone experienced this? Could the trans be slipping at low speeds but no codes show up?
Thanks,
--Jim

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Trans control is set to detect slip,,, we monitor turbine speed (input shaft) and output shaft speed,, TCM nows which speed we run (1-2-3-4-5 and lock),, and watch speed ratio between both shaft,, hence the 0731, 0732, 0733, 0734, 0735 incorrect ratio codes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts