Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, the oil sending unit went out on my 2019 SE. It took almost 8 weeks to get the part and about one day for the repairs.:mad: With all that said , she is back home. The loaner SEL was nice, but it's nice to have Fe back. So I immediately did a front brake job on her @42K miles, the pads were only half gone, but I did the brakes anyways, so the techs at the dealership would stop trying to sell me their brake job. I worked at a brake shop for several years so I wasn't about to pay them almost $300 to do what I could do for $120. New, slotted and cross drilled rotors, new pads, lubed the slide pins, and painted the calipers RED, of course. Next I will do the rears and start the "black-out".

Registered
What's the best lube to use for the pins? I'm ashamed to admit how many brake pads I've replaced over the years without doing that so I guess it's time to break the bad habit.

Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy AWD
A few months ago, the oil sending unit went out on my 2019 SE. It took almost 8 weeks to get the part and about one day for the repairs.:mad: With all that said , she is back home. The loaner SEL was nice, but it's nice to have Fe back. So I immediately did a front brake job on her @42K miles, the pads were only half gone, but I did the brakes anyways, so the techs at the dealership would stop trying to sell me their brake job. I worked at a brake shop for several years so I wasn't about to pay them almost $300 to do what I could do for $120. New, slotted and cross drilled rotors, new pads, lubed the slide pins, and painted the calipers RED, of course. Next I will do the rears and start the "black-out".
Photos or it didnt happen ;)
of the brakes of course

Registered

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the best lube to use for the pins? I'm ashamed to admit how many brake pads I've replaced over the years without doing that so I guess it's time to break the bad habit.
any lube is better than no lube. I just grabbed a packet of lube, and a packet of anti-seize at the counter of AutoZone, when I purchased the red caliper paint.

Got the Rotors and Pads from E-bay

Photos or it didnt happen
of the brakes of course
I made a video, forgot to snap pics, will get some soon. ;)

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Registered
Why, yes. Yes they are.

View attachment 473877

My search show that these particular ones are out of stock, but other brands and/or vendors have them available.
You da man!

Post some photos of the others once you complete it.
Looking to do same :)

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You da man!

Post some photos of the others once you complete it.
Looking to do same :)
I'm a bit of a penny pincher, so I will probably paint my rear calipers before I need a rear brake job. I am definitely getting the drilled & slotted rear rotors when I do.

Registered
I'm a bit of a penny pincher, so I will probably paint my rear calipers before I need a rear brake job. I am definitely getting the drilled & slotted rear rotors when I do.
Nothing wrong with that.
Looking forward to the painted caliper photos

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yo, @robz32
Finally got around to spraying the rear calipers. Did a little black out as well as vent shades for the windows.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Before

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Steering part

After
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

That orange triangle thing is a Butterfly

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

With black wheel covers, Chrome Delete around windows, and GoodYear vent shades for the windows.

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I plan on tinting the Front windows to match the rear, soon. Still debating on the faux aluminum pieces. Also plan on darkening the tail lights and lower blinker assemblies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts