Hyundai Forums banner

FCA system disabled

28K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  AllenChicago 
#1 ·
We just had a first light snow the other day here in montreal, and voilà.
while im driving, it just showed up.
so i guess, its gonna be useless during winter time?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nothing new here.... All front radar systems will have this problem. I formed a habit of clearing the radar screen and all cameras every time I leave the car. My friends that have Subarus the eye camera radar system will do the same thing
WELCOME to WINTER :=)

#7 ·
2020 relies on camera no radar
I believe...camera located under logo in grill...and one in mirror I believe...just make sure that spot is ice/snow free, won't help in the wet sticky stuff as it falls, but then neither did the radar...
Isn’t the camera located behind the mirror in the center of the windshield for FCA? I can’t find the 2020 Owners manual online but the 2019 SF manual says it uses cameras and radar. I think the camera in grill and mirrors are for surround view/parking not forward collision assist (FCA.)

#8 ·
My 2020 2.4SEL experienced this for the first time during a very light snow fall in Milwaukee last weekend. The sensor/radar is at the very bottom of the front bumper grill. It's a square black rectangle, as close to the pavement as you can get. It's so low, the slush from the pavement is what coats it quickly. Especially on highways/expressways.

My 2015 Sonata had the same collision avoidance radar, but it was high up, center grill. Never a slush/snow problem. Or if there was, it didn't alert me to it.

Gosh...one more thing I need to learn, to temp disable an annoyance with this new Santa Fe. (Permanently disabling Auto-Engine-Cutoff is the other.)

#10 ·
I had the same issue this morning. It seems to be poorly designed, and it had not been tested in snow condition. The snow accumulates from the bottom because the lip. Some sort of cone shape would be desirable.

#11 ·
Subaru's use their Eyesight system. Two stereoscopic cameras above the rear view mirror. And as long as their view isn't blocked they will continue to work.
Hyundai uses a single camera up by the rear view mirror and a radar sensor mounted in the front grill below the license plate, the little black square. Obviously both need to be clear of obstructions to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.