Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Im new to these cars and could do with a little help,basicaly i need to know is there any way i can read the fault codes from the engine check light without the use of the high scan tool, on some vehicles you can connect pins in the diagnostic plug and the engine check light will flash a certain number of times for each code,does it do anything like this.

At the moment the vehicle (2.7gls 2001) is stuck in my garage, it has auto box problems that i cant fathom for the life of me.
It starts and runs fine all smooth, go to engage gear on the auto box in either forward or reverse and nothing happens,no gears what so ever. No noises, no vibrations just nothing. You can rev the engine with the car in drive an its like someones removed the gearbox. The gearshift light on the dash changes when you move the lever but thats it.
As theres no abnormal noises i would of thought its got to be electrical,maybe a sensor that stops it engaging perhaps.

can anyone shed any light on it.
Cheers

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You don't need to purchase the whole Hi-Scan computer to pull fault codes as a simple handheld OBDII scanner will do the trick. And in fact the flashing light method of retrieving error codes was relegated to OBDI which would only point you in the direction of the error. OBDII actually tells you exactly what caused the fault.

Here is a listing of scanners on Google Shopping...$50 to $70 will get you a basic one while $90 and above will get you one that gives you the codes and a text description of the fault. Linky Linky

Hope this helps you. :00000732: and good luck!! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts