Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I'm brand new here and scoured the topics for my problem and couldn't find it, so here it goes . . .

My 2011 Sonata 2.0T is having an issue with the driver door sensor. Here's the problem: It seems on cooler nights/mornings the sensor malfunctions and thinks the driver's side door has been opened, when in fact it is shut and locked like I left it. The annoying part is, it sets off the alarm every night and not only wakes me up but my neighbors. I've opened the door, re-shut it, pushed on the button/sensor on the B-pillar and nothing works. It still says the door is open. I'm taking the car in to get fixed tomorrow, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this problem. Other than a few minor rattles, the car is solid and I love it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome. Yes, it sounds new and odd to me, too. I'm hoping my car isn't a "Friday" car. It seems the more I drive it, the more things are loosening up, more squeaks and rattles, which is a bit disconcerting. However, I'm still impressed and happy with my purchase. Crossing my fingers for a solution at the dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE (WJ Flex - LJ Dreams @ Apr 22 2011, 12:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=433916
Thank you for the welcome. Yes, it sounds new and odd to me, too. I'm hoping my car isn't a "Friday" car. It seems the more I drive it, the more things are loosening up, more squeaks and rattles, which is a bit disconcerting. However, I'm still impressed and happy with my purchase. Crossing my fingers for a solution at the dealership tomorrow.
Sounds like a door switch. Easy to replace. I used to work for Hyundai, in the parts dept (and Mitsubishi and Jeep...etc) and they all have their issues with things like this. It's nothing new and nothing major...aside from the annoyed neighbors. Before my Sonata, I had a 2004 Grand Cherokee that would do the same thing to me. Except it wasn't the door switch, it was a broken ground wire going to the driver's door. Chrysler/Jeep is the only car maker with that problem. Imagine trying to figure that one out for the first time at 2am while the alarm's blaring and the interior lights won't turn off. lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you need to for the time being you can get in the car hit the on button twice with out stepping on the break then hold down the start button after the car is on but not running. you will get to a menu that will allow you to change how the locking and unlocking works and you can turn off the auto lock for one night till you get to the dealer so your alarm doesn't go off

Welcome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2008 hyundai tucson car alarm is going off every 1/2 hr & sometimes every couple minutes, then seconds. Read online hood or door sensors most likely the problem. Tried hood sensor, sometimes only temporary fix any suggestion how I can fix it without making thing s worse & any diagram of door sensors & how to check/fix them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 Ioniq has just started doing this. While I was in the car with door shut the driver door ajar warning turned on. It was sometimes intermittent, flickering on and off. Both nights its done this its been around -5 or so Celsius. I took it in right after the first episode, but at that time hadn't noticed the door ajar warning, but the dealership found nothing. Very annoying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts