Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
All true and I totally agree. The OP may not have an understanding of all the nuances of wrestling with it etc so I kept it simple.

High current contacts usually pitt and burn over time unless high quality contact plating is used (platinum) which I highly doubt is the case. I used to frequent a local wrecker and scavenged relays and such for my Jeep. I don't have one nearby to do the same now. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is stuck on too!

Hey guys
Bought a 2011 Santa Fe w 64k miles on it last week. Condenser Fan started staying on.
I pulled the fuse to save the battery, but am having trouble locating these relays.
Any of you good folks want to set me straight here? It's not in the fuse box, is it?
Thanks very much for this thread. Didn't want to lose a battery in the first week!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Running fan on Santa Fe

I have 2012 Santa Fe and had been experiencing constant fan on. I took it to Midas they told me it was the battery, so they changed the battery. After 2 months later, same thing, this time the new battery completely died. Took back to Midas. This time they told me it was the Alternator and changed that, replaced another new battery. A week later, fan is still running again. After reading the messages, I used the front defogger today. Any suggestions what I should do ?
Your alternator isn’t going to turn your fan on. It’s the cooling fan relay and it’s stuck on and is powered directly from the battery. Need a new relay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2010 and also have this issue. I'm pretty much sure that it's a relay. Just haven't completely looked at it. But I have found that if you turn the key back and forth, not starting it, it shuts off the fan.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts