Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yesterday picked 2021 Sport (in Canada)...
fan is dead... the car totally fogged until came home.
Called dealership. They are waiting for me.
But today we have snow storm and I am on 19'' stock tires with the fog inside the car :).

Interesting how the story will develop.
Frustrated but not depressed :).

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited 1.6T, 2018 Limited 2.4L, 2015 Limited 2.4L
411 Posts
yesterday picked 2021 Sport (in Canada)...
fun is dead... the car totally fogged until came home.
Called dealership. They are waiting for me.
But today we have snow storm and I am on 19'' stock tires with the fog inside the car :).

Interesting how the story will develop.
Frustrated but not depressed :).
Did you check the blower fuse (40A I think) in the car by your left knee lower dashboard area? If that is blown, the fan will not work. Pull it out (with the car off), owners manual will display what a blown fuse looks like.

If that one is ok, not sure if there is one under the hood related to the blower fan. It may be one in that fuse box.

If both are ok, then the blower fan motor may be bad (yes, its a new car but it can happen, my 2011 had a cracked EVAP canister (bad seam)), or some other electrical gremlin my be in the works.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ryan, thanks for the suggestion. I am just not ready to "play" with the new car.
First, I am really busy. Then I completely lost this DIY driver feeling after 10 years on leased BMWs (once per year oil change and inspection included in guarantee).
Nothing beside enjoyment.
But I am old time driver and did plenty on things with love from early 80-ies.
And even if it is a fuse - sure I don't have it.
I have super friendly connection at Hyundai dealership (from salesman to General Manager) and hope we'll solve the issue.

I am a bit frustrated with other little thing I found now... my Sport trim that comes on 19" tires not supports anything else (no 17 or 18). Last week I planned to by Preferred trim that comes on 17'' but supports 18 and 19.
Picked Sport trim because of amazing money deal. Sure it has much more features. I could not even think that 17'' could not be installed on the same car.
Probably suspension is different...

I know that the subject of the thread is not related to tires...
I just see that your are Senior Sonata guy... Unfortunately, canadian trims are different by name from USA's.
May be you know which of US trims is equivalent to ours. Our Sport trim is the only one that comes with 19''.
Probably one of USA trims should be the same.
In case of "yes", may be you or somebody else can confirm about 19'' USA trim and optional possible replacements if any.

Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look what I found for US trims. In contact with general manager at my dealership. Super friendly support. They waiting for me with the loaner ready.

and checking tires question (sent them the screenshot below. I thought to end this year on 4 season tires. But will see... So the wheel size goes by engine reference.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD Red Crimson
35 Posts
Ryan, thanks for the suggestion. I am just not ready to "play" with the new car.
First, I am really busy. Then I completely lost this DIY driver feeling after 10 years on leased BMWs (once per year oil change and inspection included in guarantee).
Nothing beside enjoyment.
But I am old time driver and did plenty on things with love from early 80-ies.
And even if it is a fuse - sure I don't have it.
I have super friendly connection at Hyundai dealership (from salesman to General Manager) and hope we'll solve the issue.....
Your attitude as an entitled person is pathetic! Do you pump your own gas or is that for the peasants as well? Checking a fuse is no more "playing" with a car than checking your oil or changing a light bulb. I do hope its just the fuse but feel bad for your dealership and you for wasting so much time on something so simple.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your attitude as an entitled person is pathetic! Do you pump your own gas or is that for the peasants as well? Checking a fuse is no more "playing" with a car than checking your oil or changing a light bulb. I do hope its just the fuse but feel bad for your dealership and you for wasting so much time on something so simple.
Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited 1.6T, 2018 Limited 2.4L, 2015 Limited 2.4L
411 Posts
The American models have 19 inch tires standard on the SEL Plus and the N-Line models.

Reactions: pob579

·
Registered
917 Posts
You haven't lived until you've driven an air-cooled VW in an ice storm. Fogged up windshield? Please. 😉

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
update:
this morning went to garage to check my beutiful Sonata that left me frustrated yesterday. Tried the fan. What do you think? Of course it worked.
Took it out to try. Promissed snow storm calmed after the nigh and snow "collectors" continued good job. Decided not to go to the Dealership even everything was arranged.
Kind of no proof. But I had photos and vid with engine on, defroster on fan on full and no sound.
After few minutes drive the heck stopped... Ahha... I directed to garage. On half way it started stopped few times. Of course when entered the service it worked :).
But Service manager was advised by general manager about my visit. I told that I have a video proof. He refused it and told that they have to check it and SUV loaner is waiting for me.
We had a nice conversation then he went to check it again. Car is on the FAN is down.
This is all the news for now. They should call me...
One mo thing ... I mentioned that when came to garage yesterday with fog in the car a burning plastic smell near the hood was barely noticeable. Not in the cabin at all.

I know that FAN problem on recently purchased Sonata was brought here in November with a situation much worst than mine. If the OP is somewhere around here please provide a link to your thread I want to see full story again and bring it to my dealership. I can probably find it somehow (think it was in November)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jeez, man, he just picked up a new car. I think he's "entitled" to be a bit "entitled", to good service.

If he wanted to tinker, he could have bought a used car a lot cheaper. One of the main reasons people DO buy new is so they don't have to dick around with this kind of problem. Something broken? If I can, I'll call the dealer. If I can't get the dealer when I need them, I'll do what I can do, and then call the dealer.

I'm not afraid to play with it myself, as an aircraft mechanic, but if I have bought a car largely BECAUSE of the warranty, which I did, I would not be inclined to carry around a bunch of spare parts.

In order to make it home in a snowstorm, I would surely check the fuses, but if he's either not inclined to do that, or not comfortable doing it, why does that make him an "entitled" person? And without a fuse to replace it with, now what?

That term, BTW, has become a worthless insult, as it doesn't really mean what it should anymore. It's political correctness, and usually nothing but BS. I'm entitled to whatever I pay for. Including good service from a dealer I just dropped a big chunk of change on.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
update:
this morning went to garage to check my beutiful Sonata that left me frustrated yesterday. Tried the fan. What do you think? Of course it worked.
Took it out to try. Promissed snow storm calmed after the nigh and snow "collectors" continued good job. Decided not to go to the Dealership even everything was arranged.
Kind of no proof. But I had photos and vid with engine on, defroster on fan on full and no sound.
After few minutes drive the heck stopped... Ahha... I directed to garage. On half way it started stopped few times. Of course when entered the service it worked :).
But Service manager was advised by general manager about my visit. I told that I have a video proof. He refused it and told that they have to check it and SUV loaner is waiting for me.
We had a nice conversation then he went to check it again. Car is on the FAN is down.
This is all the news for now. They should call me...
One mo thing ... I mentioned that when came to garage yesterday with fog in the car a burning plastic smell near the hood was barely noticeable. Not in the cabin at all.

I know that FAN problem on recently purchased Sonata was brought here in November with a situation much worst than mine. If the OP is somewhere around here please provide a link to your thread I want to see full story again and bring it to my dealership. I can probably find it somehow (think it was in November)
That's the kind of service you ARE entitled to.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Jeez, man, he just picked up a new car. I think he's "entitled" to be a bit "entitled", to good service.

If he wanted to tinker, he could have bought a used car a lot cheaper. One of the main reasons people DO buy new is so they don't have to dick around with this kind of problem. Something broken? If I can, I'll call the dealer. If I can't get the dealer when I need them, I'll do what I can do, and then call the dealer.

I'm not afraid to play with it myself, as an aircraft mechanic, but if I have bought a car largely BECAUSE of the warranty, which I did, I would not be inclined to carry around a bunch of spare parts.

In order to make it home in a snowstorm, I would surely check the fuses, but if he's either not inclined to do that, or not comfortable doing it, why does that make him an "entitled" person? And without a fuse to replace it with, now what?

That term, BTW, has become a worthless insult, as it doesn't really mean what it should anymore. It's political correctness, and usually nothing but BS. I'm entitled to whatever I pay for. Including good service from a dealer I just dropped a big chunk of change on.

Very well said!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Simply, my vision... Thanks for sharing yours
I had around 10 years extremly good service and with all maintenances included (don't want to repeat that it was BMW, sorry).

Yesterday by end of the day I received a voice message (posted above).
Today at 11:00 AM service manager called with appologies... I stopped him. And told that sh... happens. New planes crashes too (god forbid).
He told that he doesn't want to touch the wires and etc and waiting for soft updates from H Canada for perfoming full diagnostics.

Also, he mentioned that since yesterday no updates are available (kind of network problem. Don't want to speculate on that...) because of tech problems and it includes USA, Canada and Mexico.
He got a promise from above office to have an access today.
I have a loaner - shiny Tucson :). So it is slow preparation for much better feeling on Sonata.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD Red Crimson
35 Posts

Sorry....not sorry. Forums are a place to come with problems, seek advice, get educated and hopefully resolve the problem.

The first suggestion was a simple "check the fuse" as it could have at the very least guided resolution of a large issue in short order. Instead, the OP was above checking the fuse.

So, OP, why start the thread? Take it to back to the dealer and have them fix it. Was it post worthy that the car needs to go back to the shop? Nope!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry....not sorry. Forums are a place to come with problems, seek advice, get educated and hopefully resolve the problem.
Perfect definition of forums existance goal... Probably it is a first time for you to see that somebody just brings up the situation...
Your opinion is just your opinion and it is fine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would be interesting to see what was the cause of this problem.
Sad thing that everything in the car today depends on electronics.
I say this not for bringing up the discussions about which make is better...

Funny... today on my loaner with 1.5K KM ODO, washer fluid finished when it was really needed.
On next car Start, I got a notif - Low washer fluide.
Riiiight. One always must have it in the car... So, in your eyes it is probably a bad driver problem.
Don't know why but I have an habit for decades, that notification pops up long before the fluid actually finishes.
My point in all that jazz is - NEW car should not have this kind of problems.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts