Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that when you put the fan level all the way to the left, ie at 0, the fan stopped completely. I did some experimenting and apparently there is still air coming in at 0, even when I am stationery and more when I'm moving.

For the AC, when the fan is at any level (even 0) and the AC button is off, apparently it also continues working. So if I turn the knob all the way to the right (hottest), the air will come out hot. But it does seem that once I turn the AC button on, it cools or heats with more power.

Anyone have any explanation or thoughts? Or is this the way the car is set up?

·
Registered
952 Posts
When fan is off it turns of the recirculate. Press recirculate and it should light up and you see feel nothing from vents now.

What your feeling is the fresh air.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep that air is just the outside headwind coming in. You'll notice it stops when the car stops or recirculation is on.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Air is always being drawn in through the cowling below the windshield wipers as the car goes along and even if the fan is off, this air still must travel through the filter and the blend motors that regulate the heat mixed in from the engine before coming out of the vents. Turn it to warm and you'll get outside air warmed up as the fan control knob only turns off the fan. I usually just set mine to defrost with the blower on '0' if I don't want the ventilation or don't want it directly.

My '04 Santa Fe had 'OFF' on the blend switch (panel, mix, floor, etc.) instead of the fan switch but even when set to 'OFF', a little bit of air was directed at the windshield.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
On some older (GM) cars I know about, turning off the blend was directing all the outside air to the passenger feet...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts