Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some pics after todays wash/wax ;) I did however find my first little dent :( prob some idiots door in a parking lot:mad: oh well not much I can do about it. Cleaned my bike today as well, will be going to bed for her 6month nap soon :( Also took a few pics of the free accessories I was given when buying:)
Floor Liners, Front Hood Lip, Rear Cargo Tray, Trailer Hitch, and not shown winter tires rims, Hope everyone had a great thx giving, Cheers

http://s481.photobucket.com/user/CBRTime/media/041.jpg.html

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
lol, this is an upgrade, (free for me) highly rec them if you live in a winter climate, even if you don't id get them (carpets ones look nice when new, but get dirty fast and eventually show the "heel mark" on drivers side; these floor liners replaces the carpet ones that comes with the SF

·
2,258 Posts
How did you manage to get all those accessories thrown in free?
nothing is "FREE" unless your dad/uncle owns the dealership and is willing to eat the cost of the "free" stuff. a dealer would rather not sell you the car, than to give it away and take profit away from himself. he's rather wait for someone else to come along and pay what he feels will feed his kids.

that being said: if you pay anything above what the dealer is "sitting in" the car, you are giving the dealership profit. out of that profit they can give you stuff if it means to close the deal(but it depends on how much profit they are going to make)

example: if the dealer paid $20,000 for the car from Hyundai, and has to add in (basic)salesman cut $75-$125, advertising, storage, etc: so lets say thats $3,000 in operations total.
so now you HAVE to sell this car for at least $23,000 just to break even. if you list the price of the car at $30,000 that leaves you with $7,000 to play with.

side note: in high volume dealerships, a customer could argue the price down to $23,000 and everyone is happy. the dealership gets to compete against other dealerships for how many of X type of cars sold this month, etc. or even apply for incentives for X types sold during that particular season. but then again, some dealerships dont worry about volume. some care only about profit; so lets continue:

so a dealer is sitting in $23,000, on a $20,000 car. he's advertising it for $30,000.
in walks in Joe Blow, and says he'll pay $27,000 (that would mean $4,000 in profit)
BUT THEN THE CUSTOMER SAYS: ONLY IF YOU THROW IN X,Y,Z ACCESSORIES.
the salesman goes back to the sales manager who calculates X,Y,Z, is a total of $1,000 in accessories. (that means now only $3,000 in profit). THE SALES MANAGER AGREES. THE CUSTOMER IS HAPPY, HE GOT HIS TOW HITCH, RUGGED WINTER MATT'S, AND A CAR COVER.

total price agreed upon: $27,000 + $1,000 in 'free' accessories
total profit earned for the dealership: $3,000

that means, the customer could have paid $26,000 without those "free" accessories. if the dealership agreed to lose $1,000 dollars on accessories, that means they would have agree to lose the same $1,000 on the price of the car.

and since you are financing that $1,000 = those accessories will cost you money in the interest of your $27,000, versus $26,000 loan.

remember: if they are willing to give you something for "free" = that means there is still room for them to make profit. so trade that "free" something in for money off of the car.
if its "free oil changes for life", (do the quick math: no one really keeps their car for longer than 150,000miles, so 5,000 oil change interval for 150,000miles = 30 oil changes. their cost is like $15/ per oil change.) thats a $450 offer. but financed its no longer a savings of $450. id rather take that $450 OFF THE PRICE OF THE CAR, AND THEY CAN KEEP THEIR STINKIN "FREE" OIL CHANGES.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did you manage to get all those accessories thrown in free?
just asked, we went to 2 dealers on the Que side and knew what they were offering as far as "free accessories" go, then made a trip to the same dealer we bought our old SF from in 2007 (Bank St Hyundai). They said no prob and we can do one better, the trailer hitch was a huge plus! was going to get it installed in the spring from a priv place. So to recap:

Trailer Hitch
Hood Lip
Floor Liners
Rear Cargo Tray
Winter Tires and Rims
SS plate frame
(20 Syn Oil Changes)

i bought the mud guards but they gave them to me with no tax added.

·
2,258 Posts
just asked, we went to 2 dealers on the Que side and knew what they were offering as far as "free accessories" go, then made a trip to the same dealer we bought our old SF from in 2007 (Bank St Hyundai). They said no prob and we can do one better, the trailer hitch was a huge plus! was going to get it installed in the spring from a priv place. So to recap:

Trailer Hitch
Hood Lip
Floor Liners
Rear Cargo Tray
Winter Tires and Rims
SS plate frame
(20 Syn Oil Changes)

i bought the mud guards but they gave them to me with no tax added.
what did you pay for the car?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
nothing is "FREE" unless your dad/uncle owns the dealership and is willing to eat the cost of the "free" stuff. a dealer would rather not sell you the car, than to give it away and take profit away from himself. he's rather wait for someone else to come along and pay what he feels will feed his kids.

that being said: if you pay anything above what the dealer is "sitting in" the car, you are giving the dealership profit. out of that profit they can give you stuff if it means to close the deal(but it depends on how much profit they are going to make)

example: if the dealer paid $20,000 for the car from Hyundai, and has to add in (basic)salesman cut $75-$125, advertising, storage, etc: so lets say thats $3,000 in operations total.
so now you HAVE to sell this car for at least $23,000 just to break even. if you list the price of the car at $30,000 that leaves you with $7,000 to play with.

side note: in high volume dealerships, a customer could argue the price down to $23,000 and everyone is happy. the dealership gets to compete against other dealerships for how many of X type of cars sold this month, etc. or even apply for incentives for X types sold during that particular season. but then again, some dealerships dont worry about volume. some care only about profit; so lets continue:

so a dealer is sitting in $23,000, on a $20,000 car. he's advertising it for $30,000.
in walks in Joe Blow, and says he'll pay $27,000 (that would mean $4,000 in profit)
the salesman goes back to the sales manager who calculates X,Y,Z, is a total of $1,000 in accessories. (that means now only $3,000 in profit). THE SALES MANAGER AGREES. THE CUSTOMER IS HAPPY, HE GOT HIS TOW HITCH, RUGGED WINTER MATT'S, AND A CAR COVER.

that means, the customer could have paid $26,000 without those "free" accessories. if the dealership agreed to lose $1,000 dollars on accessories, that means they would have agree to lose the same $1,000 on the price of the car.

and since you are financing that $1,000 = those accessories will cost you money in the interest of your $27,000, versus $26,000 loan.

remember: if they are willing to give you something for "free" = that means there is still room for them to make profit. so trade that "free" something in for money off of the car.
if its "free oil changes for life", (do the quick math: no one really keeps their car for longer than 150,000miles, so 5,000 oil change interval for 150,000miles = 30 oil changes. their cost is like $15/ per oil change.) thats a $450 offer. but financed its no longer a savings of $450. id rather take that $450 OFF THE PRICE OF THE CAR, AND THEY CAN KEEP THEIR STINKIN "FREE" OIL CHANGES.
all valid points, they cut 1K off MSRP as well, .99% interest, got the accessories i wanted, end of the day im happy and love our new SF. Just the hitch and winter tires rims is about 2K right there. No way was i going to pay $ for tires and rims after i bought the SF. 20 Syn oil changes = approx another 2K

·
2,258 Posts
all valid points, they cut 1K off MSRP as well, .99% interest, got the accessories i wanted, end of the day im happy and love our new SF.
.99% interest??? jesus man... what do you own a bank? lolol
that's an insanely good interest rate. i only see that on certain special sales for certain cars.

·
Banned
532 Posts

He's happy and that's all that matters.

You don't have to be pompous and pretentious about everything.

·
2,258 Posts
He's happy and that's all that matters.

You don't have to be pompous and pretentious about everything.
that was not my intention at all. if thats how it came off, i sincerely apologize.
if you take a moment, you'll see that my post was not directed at at anyone. it was directed at the notion that people get things for free from a car dealer, during a price negotiation. when we,(everyone) bought our SF, we ALL gave profit to the dealer some way, some how. some better than others. heck, he could have walked out with a better deal than i(since we don't know all of each others numbers).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
all good guys, yeah most dealers here have 0% i wasnt going to argue of .99% lol. What are the rates in your neck of the wood btw?

·
2,258 Posts
all good guys, yeah most dealers here have 0% i wasnt going to argue of .99% lol. What are the rates in your neck of the wood btw?
we have credit, great income, plenty down, own home outright, still got ~4% interest(dont remember exact number; but in the 4's)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts