Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with the HMA Service diagrams to remove the centre garnish trim as there is a clip I can't remove on the side furthest away from the steering cowl? After a year I can't stand looking at the fake wood any more and want to swap it!

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Are you asking for help in interpreting the diagrams that you can see, or are you having trouble even seeing the diagrams?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't access the relevant diagram to see how the lower garnish is held on. I can remove the trim but the last clip/bolt/fastening will not budge.

I can find via Body, exterior, then doors the relevant clip locations to remove the door cards.

Hope this makes sense, cheers
S

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
The trick to the "long" pages at hmaservice.com is to click in the "white space" (not in one of the diagrams) and use your down arrow key to scroll down into the page. If you click on any of the diagrams, a larger version will pop up (if you have browser pop-ups enabled, or at least enabled for hmaservice.com). I am able to see the whole page.

However - if you are looking for the removal procedure for the "center lower garnish", they don't seem to provide their usual indication of clip locations. Don't know why.

FWIW: I'm viewing at Body (Interior and Exterior) / crash pad / Repair procedures

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, thanks for at least confirming I'm not just being daft and missing something on the site.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm also painting the fake wood trim around the stereo, Those come off easy.
How about the small ones in the doors? Do i just pull them out also?

greetz!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The door inserts are held on from the inside of the door card, you have to remove it to gain access...takes about 30minutes per door but you get faster as you do more.

Cheers
S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts