Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight as my wife and I were returning home from diner, I had my first opportunity to hang a tight right hander in second and kept the right foot planted on the firewall, thru second and well into third....not bad for a 1.8 L. I'd forgotten how much fun it can be driving a small 4 banger with a manual tranny. This could be the beginning of a fun relationship! Oh, and 36MPG to boot!

·
22,793 Posts
Tonight as my wife and I were returning home from diner, I had my first opportunity to hang a tight right hander in second and kept the right foot planted on the firewall, thru second and well into third....not bad for a 1.8 L. I'd forgotten how much fun it can be driving a small 4 banger with a manual tranny. This could be the beginning of a fun relationship! Oh, and 36MPG to boot!
Showoff!!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yep, manual transmissions make small displacement engines come alive. My last car was a 3 cylinder Suzuki, 1 liter, looked like a motorcycle engine. Of course on a long stretch it was just a MPG commuter, but on a stretch of twisties it was more like a go cart, I could almost fly up the canyon to my town.
Test driving cars before I bought my Accent, I drove a lot of auto trans versions of possible candidates, but when I drove the same vehicle in a manual it felt like a different car because of the manual gearbox. I guess I just like rowing gears. Enjoy your ride. cheers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Make sure to turn ECO mode off on manual and test it that way.
There are many reports that it drives much better though few owners did not notice any difference. I know I have it off forever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure to turn ECO mode off on manual and test it that way.
There are many reports that it drives much better though few owners did not notice any difference. I know I have it off forever.
I saw the ECO mode in the setup feature and just left it in the default ON position. I figured it just toggled the shift up or down indicators. I'll turn it OFF and go look for a Mustang GT to embarrass! LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe it is more than that bit I have no proof beside my grin...
You can embarrass many automatic cars if you put your foot down.
Just do not try to shift to second :) It takes a while...

I saw the ECO mode in the setup feature and just left it in the default ON position. I figured it just toggled the shift up or down indicators. I'll turn it OFF and go look for a Mustang GT to embarrass! LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Put some nice tires on and it's even better :) I have Nexen N6000s and it's like a whole new car in the corners... except for the body roll...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts