Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been driving my 2006 Tiburon in fail safe mode for about a week. It's taken me this long to figure out exactly what the problem is. I was advised by an Aamco tech that I needed a complete transmission overhaul. I declined. After a bit of internet research I went to a Hyundai dealer for a diagnostic. Just as I suspected, the input speed sensor crapped out. The tech said I should get both the input and output sensors replaced. Is there a fuse linked to the sensors that could possibly be causing the problem? I really don't want to pay for something I don't need.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
the input and output sensors do cause problems and may very well be the cause of your problem. other causes could be dirty trans. fluid, faulty gearbox ECU or even internal faults. you could ask your dealer if he can guarantee that the new sensors will cure your problem (but l doubt he will) other that if it was my vehicle l would go for the new sensors and a trans. fluid change and keep my fingers crossed...good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. That's exactly what I did and all seems well so far. Apparently I had a coolant leak from my upper radiator hose and the fluid caused the input speed sensor to crap out. They took care of the leak in addition to replacing the sensor and a trans flush.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (TibbyNoob @ Sep 8 2009, 12:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=262124
So I've been driving my 2006 Tiburon in fail safe mode for about a week. It's taken me this long to figure out exactly what the problem is. I was advised by an Aamco tech that I needed a complete transmission overhaul. I declined. After a bit of internet research I went to a Hyundai dealer for a diagnostic. Just as I suspected, the input speed sensor crapped out. The tech said I should get both the input and output sensors replaced. Is there a fuse linked to the sensors that could possibly be causing the problem? I really don't want to pay for something I don't need.
I love how the AAMCO guy says you need a "complete trans overhaul" (ca ching, ca ching). Consumer Reports says automatic transmission repair is the most corrupt service industry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi im new to this car Im driving a 2006 Tiburon GT V6 (automatic) and I think Im having this same problem.. I drive and when the car gets to 3rd gear it clanks and it stays in 3rd gear even when I stop at streetlights.. when I switch to tip tron it downshifts to 2nd gear when I do it but when I switch to Drive it changes to 3rd gear (0mph) Im tired of circling around parts and wasting money I did the fluid change and still having the same problem.. what is the cause? I dont want to waste any more money than I already have.. pls HELP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I have a 2011 accent I have been facing this issue for over a month now when I ride car it's perfectly fine but as soon it reaches the speed Of 70 kmph it automatically downshifts to 3rd gear and gets stuck in 3 rd gear after that I have to restart the car and then it's fine what shall I do ?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,084 Posts
what shall I do ?
The first thing you should do is scan the PCM and see what trouble code is being logged to explain why the transmission is dropping into limp mode.

The second thing you should do is start a new thread on the appropriate Accent forum and tell us there what the trouble code is.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first thing you should do is scan the PCM and see what trouble code is being logged to explain why the transmission is dropping into limp mode.

The second thing you should do is start a new thread on the appropriate Accent forum and tell us there what the trouble code is.

I scanned the pcm it shows code
P0732
P0733
P0734

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,084 Posts
I scanned the pcm it shows code
P0732
P0733
P0734
Very good.
And I see you did the second thing too. But you said you drive a 2011 (MC) Accent, yet you posted your thread on the 2012 (RB) Accent forum. Still, close enough I suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts