Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how many miles the original factory warranty lasts. Also if it's still valid since I bought my 2012 Sonata used from Enterprise Car Sales.

Thank you!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how many miles the original factory warranty lasts. Also if it's still valid since I bought my 2012 Sonata used from Enterprise Car Sales.

Thank you!
I'm sure it's probably a transferable warranty, most manufacturer warrantys are. Now a days, I bought a 2011 and I still have a few years left on the factory warranty. I believe power train is 5 year /60k. Not positive though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm not certain that your situation is the same as mine, especially in that 9 years time could have changed the policy. But I purchased a 2004 XG350 with 9,800 miles on it from a dealer. I anticipated having the balance of a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty. I later found out that since my car started its life as a rental vehicle, the warranty reverted to 5 years, 60,000 miles.

For what it's worth, I put 157,000 miles on that car, and never had any issues that were warranty related, so all I lost was a bit of peace of mind.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The only way you keep the 10/100k powertrain warranty is if it's certified preowned.

·
Registered
564 Posts

Thank you!
5yrs/60,000 miles (whichever occurs first)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts