Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am thinking of upgrading the sound system in my '09 Santa Fe. I noticed on crutchfield there was an option for a factory subwoofer on the Santa Fe. I am all about keeping the stock look, and don't have room for a large sub box. Does anyone have pictures of where the factory subwoofer is installed and any ideas on where I can purchase the parts to put one in mine?

Thanks a lot!

Matt

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE (allsounds @ Jun 27 2010, 01:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336543
Hello all, I am thinking of upgrading the sound system in my '09 Santa Fe. I noticed on crutchfield there was an option for a factory subwoofer on the Santa Fe. I am all about keeping the stock look, and don't have room for a large sub box. Does anyone have pictures of where the factory subwoofer is installed and any ideas on where I can purchase the parts to put one in mine?

Thanks a lot!

Matt
If you have a factory sub, it's near the drivers side rear wheel well in the back. There should be a round circle of holes in the plastic, and I believe an 'infinity' logo over it. There are some images on the forum, search for 'subwoofer'. A direct swap replacement it is not really an option. The thing is pretty proprietary and not intended for bigger subs. it's also plastic. You may be able to fit a compact sub/amp box under the drivers seat or perhaps the rear passenger seat if there's room (it's pretty tight under there). There's not much free space available.

If you're looking for more bass, I'd first recommend upgrading the stock stereo before touching anything else. I have the factory sub and claimed 605 watt sound system. After putting in an aftermarket head unit and adjusting the bass and loudness, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It's also the easiest move to make. If at that point you decide for a sub it would be much easier to add with an aftermarket unit. Otherwise you have to splice into the factory wiring somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (ehkewley @ Jun 27 2010, 12:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336552
If you have a factory sub, it's near the drivers side rear wheel well in the back. There should be a round circle of holes in the plastic, and I believe an 'infinity' logo over it. There are some images on the forum, search for 'subwoofer'. A direct swap replacement it is not really an option. The thing is pretty proprietary and not intended for bigger subs. it's also plastic. You may be able to fit a compact sub/amp box under the drivers seat or perhaps the rear passenger seat if there's room (it's pretty tight under there). There's not much free space available.

If you're looking for more bass, I'd first recommend upgrading the stock stereo before touching anything else. I have the factory sub and claimed 605 watt sound system. After putting in an aftermarket head unit and adjusting the bass and loudness, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It's also the easiest move to make. If at that point you decide for a sub it would be much easier to add with an aftermarket unit. Otherwise you have to splice into the factory wiring somewhere.

Thanks, I am 100% sure that I do not have the factory sub. I was hoping to add a sub in the place that the factory sub was installed, I was just unsure where that was.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (ehkewley @ Jun 27 2010, 01:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336552

Hi ehkewley,

And what king of aftermarket did you us for upgrading you stereo ?
Thanks for information.

Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts