Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I'm a long time member, first time poster.

I have a couple questions I was hoping someone may be able to answer for me.

I have a 2011 Santa Fe limited and when I purchased the vehicle, I got the factory remote start installed by the dealer. Now from the very beginning I've been very unhappy with both the fobs and general performance of the starter. I've had it start up on it's own when i was sitting in the house with the keys on the table and numerous (5-10) times when I walk out the door it starts with the keys in my pocket. I've learned to accept this but what really bothers me is the fob itself. The one they gave me is basically flat with no indents to be able to by touch figure out what buttons I'm pressing. In the dark it's big pain in the butt at times.

Now for my actual questions. I recently lost one set of keys with the fob. As I said above I've never liked the one I have so I was wondering if I could get a different Hyundai fob to use with the system. I would replace the one I lost and the current working one. Does anyone know if this is possible or what fobs are compatible as replacements?

If not, my other problem is I cannot find my fob for purchase online. I even went to the dealership and they had to call Hyundai to even figure out which fob it was as the PN on the back didn't match anything in their system. Part Number on rear is RPN: HYRA-2406BK. They eventually found it after talking to Hyundai and they said it was $110 programmed. The parts guys basically said if I can find the same fob that they can program it for use with my system. But I can't find it anywhere online on any websites. I've included a picture for it. Can anyone help me source one for cheaper? And if I can get one, can I program it myself if I already have a working fob?

PS - I'm in Canada if that matters, not sure if it would.

thanks in advance for any help and the time you took to read this. If it should be in a different forum, like tech one, I apologize.

Charlie

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would imagine only the original fob p/n is able to be programmed to your Santa Fe. My 2011 Limited with remote start has fob p/n 00056 ADU00 and looks like this:

Also, it sounds like the dealer screwed up part of the install or gave you a bad fob. Have them double check the install for errors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have mentioned it to them a couple times. Once immediately after and a few times while I've had it in for service. I never thought it would be an issue until I couldn't find a replacement online. There's lots, just not mine. I did find one very similar but it was a five button, not a four. And I don't know if it's compatible with the Santa Fe as the fifth button was a hatch release. I'll keep looking. I still have one so no hurry.

I wonder how much it would cost to remove the remote start and get the original factory (non-remote start) fobs reprogrammed. I asked for them just in case. I care less about the remote start than I do about locking/unlocking.

Although I'd be lying if I said I haven't used it the last couple days with the weather we've been having in Ontario.

·
Registered
52 Posts
LeMansteve;1882113 [IMG said:
http://www.hyundaishop.com/images/products/detail/hyundai_santa_fe_remote_start.jpg[/IMG]
(issue with quoting picture previously posted)
+1 to having this fob...I've never once had an issue with it starting randomly or not starting when i wanted it to. It's indented enough that i can reach in my pocket and hit it correctly without thinking about it too. My guess is they gave you some aftermarket hookup and maybe/maybe not the wiring may be screwy

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have this fob and have same issues as you. Always start in my pocket. It does get good range with fresh batteries. My housing is cracked and I couldn't find anything online. I have a second remote, but it's not "2 way" ( get sound feedback) like the one you posted a picture of. That one can be found easily. You should be able to program this model as well( works on my 2008)

Locksmith LOT 5 Hyundai Keyless Remote Alarm FOB Clicker FCC ID EZSNAH2505 | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The two fobs I got were both the same. And neither are two way. I've never got feedback off either of them. So can I program the ones in the link? If I have one operating fob that is not the same looking physically? (the one in my original pic)

·
Registered
230 Posts
The two fobs I got were both the same. And neither are two way. I've never got feedback off either of them. So can I program the ones in the link? If I have one operating fob that is not the same looking physically? (the one in my original pic)
I have one of the silver one you pictured and it gives me audio alert/response that my vehicle is started.My second fob is the one pictured in the link I provided. The second one has bigger buttons and is more reliable. It is most likely compatible with your remote start unit as well.

Not sure if you can DIY program the fob like in the old days. Perhaps one of our fellow gurus can advise if it is possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there,

I've got Santa Fe 2010 LTD 2 years ago with 2 remote start fobs and both of them kinda glitchy. Once in a while they will stop communicating with the car and the only way to unlock the doors is to open the door with a key. Funny that when one fob stops working the other one works just fine...

One-way remote HYRA-2407BC
Two-way remote HYRA-4302BC

Not sure if I need to buy new fob, maybe I just need to reprogram it if possible. Anyway, does any one have similar experience? And what was the solution?

Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2011 Santa Fe limited and when I purchased the vehicle, I got the factory remote start installed by the dealer. Now from the very beginning I've been very unhappy with both the fobs and general performance of the starter. I've had it start up on it's own when i was sitting in the house with the keys on the table and numerous (5-10) times when I walk out the door it starts with the keys in my pocket. I've learned to accept this but what really bothers me is the fob itself. The one they gave me is basically flat with no indents to be able to by touch figure out what buttons I'm pressing. In the dark it's big pain in the butt at times.

I have had the same problems as you.
Finally I just turned the remote start option off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
factory remotestart fob

I am having a hard time finding a HYUNDAI 7152A HYRA-2407BC 4 Button Transmitter Remote Fob instructions and battery relacement

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this fob and have same issues as you. Always start in my pocket. It does get good range with fresh batteries. My housing is cracked and I couldn't find anything online. I have a second remote, but it's not "2 way" ( get sound feedback) like the one you posted a picture of. That one can be found easily. You should be able to program this model as well( works on my 2008)

Locksmith LOT 5 Hyundai Keyless Remote Alarm FOB Clicker FCC ID EZSNAH2505 | eBay
batteries? does it take more than 1?? having issues with mine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts