Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day all;

I finally sold my old 1994 Chevy truck and bought a 2006 (2007?) Santa fé 2, V6 automatic.

I'm quite happy with it at the moment, and really do hope we are now gone for a long happy story together.

This Santa Fé has little problems to solve, e.g. no parking brakes, airbag light on, etc.., but nothing critical I bet.

The problem I would like to solve is that the factory radio has no Power and the dome light doesn't light On when I open the doors.
The dome lamps work if I actuate them manually though.
Clock is working
No fuses are blown, I check them one by one
No other electrical gremlin at the moment.

Any suggestion?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What country / market you in ,, no location in profile...

USA market.. 2006 be a SM chassis,, then CM in 2007 with 2.7 or 3.3

Parking brake -- shoe to drum adjustment / shoes rotted away / cables stretch

SRS light -- scan it,, note that you wont get into SRS with OBD-II scanner, that for powertrain

Radio -- need further inspection, want to say there 2 or 3 fuse that drive radio

Dome light -- look for door switch fault (courtesy switch) maybe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated my profile ;)

Will redo the shoe to drum adjustment. Didn't think about cable stretch, migh be what causes the issue. Will check too.

As for the SRS, I'm waiting for a scan tool which is said to allow to go into SRS. Will see that once I get it into my hands.

As for the radio, I have check all the fuses I found in the dash (close the left knee position) and found none blown, I don't know where to look, at least the unit has it's own fuse embedded? I have yet to pull the unit out and check the harness

About the dome light, I just read that there is a diode I should check in the dome light assy...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for the radio, I have check all the fuses I found in the dash (close the left knee position) and found none blown, I don't know where to look, at least the unit has it's own fuse embedded? I have yet to pull the unit out and check the harness
Checked all fuses underhood, none blown, still no power at the radio

About the dome light, I just read that there is a diode I should check in the dome light assy...
No luck!, my dome light assy does not have the diode :(

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
Are there any other circuits that aren't working? Is the remote locking working OK?

Did you remove the fuses to visually inspect them or did you measure the voltage on each side with a meter or test lamp?
Visual inspection tells you the fuse itself is OK, but doesn't tell you whether voltage is being supplied to the fuse or not.
Also make sure none of the fuses are missing. People often just check what's there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remote locking is working fine.
Right left door actuator just quit today, but was working fine since today
I checked all fuses with a test lamp, both sides of each fuse, and as far as I see, I believe all fuses are in place

·
Registered
15,269 Posts
Sounds like your gonna have to remove the radio to check the power supplies and ground at the unit. If there is power and ground but it isn't working, the unit itself must be faulty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help! Dealership quote up to 2 hours labor /$120 to "fix" my door actuated dome light, 2012 Sante Fe. Happened once before during warranty period, so no charge then. I was told they "accessed" the entire assembly, to presumably replace the bulb? or diode, or group of lights? Seems like something I could expose and check, or test myself. Being retired now I have the time.

·
Registered
15,269 Posts
Has your dealer already diagnosed the fault? If not, how can they possibly know it's gonna take 2 hours to fix it??

Does the door ajar warning light on the instrument cluster work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts