Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for yall. How hard would it be to put in a factory oem navigation unit in my 2013 hyundai elantra limited. it came without nav and no premium sound. I found an oem unit for a good deal but need to know what it will take. thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
Your best bet would be to get an aftermarket addon like Unavi or Compass-Nav. Both are dealers listed on this site.

To install a factory nav on a non-nav vehicle is a huge job and would need the vehicles computer to be reprogrammed (Dealership needed)

Even if you got a good deal on the factory nav unit, the install would cost you an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
952 Posts
agree, go with the Compass-Nav unit. Got mine installed yesterday and I love it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
y does the computer need to be reprogramed ?

I just don't understand.

I have installed many radios over the years and never had to reprogram a ecm

Joe

·
Registered
115 Posts
A guy I know came across a factory nav unit for his Elantra for free if he wanted it. He tried to install it into his non-nav and although the wiring harnesses fit, the unit was stuck on a rear-view camera display input. He couldn't change the mode no matter what he tried.

You're better off installing an aftermarket head unit that has all the features you want, or going with the UNAVI or CompassNav that others have mentionned. With those units, you still retain the factory stereo core, so your wiring is minimal. You also retain your steering wheel controls natively as your core Elantra radio is still intact. If you go full aftermarket, you need to also purchase a steering wheel control module to accomplish the same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts