Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory heated mirrors that came with my car. Today I installed my LED Repeaters onto the factory mirrors. The repeaters work perfectly. I had to use the ground from the heated mirrors in order to get a ground for the led, so I cut the ground line, twisted the line for the mirror and repeater together, stuck those end into a weatherproof butt/splice connector, & the ground from the car the other end. I did the same procedure for both sides. Driver side mirror functions completely as expected, heats up, LED flashes, power mirror adjusts with full range. The passenger mirror is where the problem arises. The LED flashes properly, the power mirror adjusts properly, but doesnt heat up. Ive reconnected the leads the same way as when i disconnected to do the LED.

Is there a simple way to ensure im getting power/ground on the heated mirror lines? Could I simply contact the lines to a 12v bulb and expect the bulb to illuminate? I don't have access to a multimeter at this time, and dont currently have funds to buy one.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
After crimping a connector I always pull on the wires to make sure I crimped the wire and to make sure I didn't crimp the wire insulation.

Check your wires at the connector.

·
Registered
648 Posts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts