Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had good sleep, prepared to go to work, and saw my car with no window!! (driver side rear)

didn't loose anything, i don't know who/why broke into car if they are not going to take anything. !!

called some places including dealer to fix the window but they don't have any windows because it's brand new car.. they have to order it!!

now i'm stock with car with one window missing ...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm gonna guess security alarm probably scared them off. Too bad stock alarms weren't 2 way where it will page the key don if the alarm is going off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry about the losers and lack of respect from them! Had this happen on a car of mine a few years ago so I feel you. Tint and an alarm.....should be on the top 3 list for just about anyone. More so if you have anything in the car of value.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (Spookpur @ May 12 2010, 05:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322253
Sorry about the losers and lack of respect from them! Had this happen on a car of mine a few years ago so I feel you. Tint and an alarm.....should be on the top 3 list for just about anyone. More so if you have anything in the car of value.
I agree. Got the tint and am researching alarm as we speak. But some advise from someone who works in the insurance industry, it's best to keep valuable in the trunk. Out of sight out of mind !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Yea the alarm that came stock on the car sucks!! I'm not used to these new alarms where there's no sound or click

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wouldn't suggest tinting. They'll think you're trying to hide something and then they're break in out of curiosity. Also, never keep a GPS type of mount on your window. They'll assume that you have a GPS unit in the glove box.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (djmadfx @ May 12 2010, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322397
I wouldn't suggest tinting. They'll think you're trying to hide something and then they're break in out of curiosity. Also, never keep a GPS type of mount on your window. They'll assume that you have a GPS unit in the glove box.
I've also heard that if they see the circular suction cup mark left over on the windshield they'll break in to see if you've left it in the car. I don't keep anything unnecessary in my car or anything in easy sight and because I keep the interior so clean, it's easy for would-be thieves to see I'm not hiding anything under jackets and the like. My CDs are in a booklet in the glovebox but I lock that when I park.

Out of sight, out of mind is the best policy.

·
1,914 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ May 13 2010, 12:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322382
Huh? Does your horn not sound nor do the lights come on when you lock the doors? If so you need to change the settings on the car.
The SE and Limited both have the proximity key and the car beeps twice when you unlock and once when you lock, but it's not a horn. Similiar to the toyota/lexus alarm.

Sorry to hear about your car! My old Santa Fe and Sonata were both brokem into twice. For anyone who had an older Hyundai, they know how annoying those alarms are. Well, they have a new thing now that bypasses the alarm. I went outside and saw everything open but they took everything out of the glove box and put it nicely on the seat. All they took was alittle bit of change which leads me to believe it was kids looking for drug money. My mom was not happy but I told her if they are going to break into the car, let them do it that way. They didn't break any windows and what's a few cents in change.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Back when the first Hyundai Excel hit the states, they had a Panasonic radio that was not only very good, but also easy to just yank out of the dash. They were a prime target for thieves. But the worst part, at some point somebody figured out that it was easier to just yank on the door and pull it off completely than it was to break the window. Imagine walking out to your car and finding no door. I'd take a busted window any day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ May 13 2010, 05:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322439
The SE and Limited both have the proximity key and the car beeps twice when you unlock and once when you lock, but it's not a horn. Similiar to the toyota/lexus alarm.

Sorry to hear about your car! My old Santa Fe and Sonata were both brokem into twice. For anyone who had an older Hyundai, they know how annoying those alarms are. Well, they have a new thing now that bypasses the alarm. I went outside and saw everything open but they took everything out of the glove box and put it nicely on the seat. All they took was alittle bit of change which leads me to believe it was kids looking for drug money. My mom was not happy but I told her if they are going to break into the car, let them do it that way. They didn't break any windows and what's a few cents in change.
Hmm I have the GLS version. When I click unlock, the headlights would flash once but no sound. When I click lock, the headlights would flash once but no sound as well. I have to click the lock button twice to hear a beep. Is this normal? I used to the beep twice for unlock and once for lock so I find this very annoying and unsafe for some reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (endless82 @ May 12 2010, 03:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322170
I had good sleep, prepared to go to work, and saw my car with no window!! (driver side rear)

didn't loose anything, i don't know who/why broke into car if they are not going to take anything. !!

called some places including dealer to fix the window but they don't have any windows because it's brand new car.. they have to order it!!

now i'm stock with car with one window missing ...
Sorry, To hear of Vandal's , My Wife was driving down the street and a lady was mowing with a tractor and threw up a rock on Her 2001 Honda Civic w/51,000mi and brokeout the rear passengers door glass. I called a local glass shop and took it over to be fixed and was told "they had to order it" but they at least installed a clear plastic to cover the opening. So, at least We could use the car till glass came in and that was about 3 days wait . Install took about 1-1/2 hr.
Good Luck !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (NewBoots @ May 13 2010, 02:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322573
Sorry, To hear of Vandal's , My Wife was driving down the street and a lady was mowing with a tractor and threw up a rock on Her 2001 Honda Civic w/51,000mi and brokeout the rear passengers door glass. I called a local glass shop and took it over to be fixed and was told "they had to order it" but they at least installed a clear plastic to cover the opening. So, at least We could use the car till glass came in and that was about 3 days wait . Install took about 1-1/2 hr.
Good Luck !
they ordered glass yesterday afternoon, got it today and fixed it today. got a call about 30mins ago that it's all done. going to pick it up tomorrow and get it tinted on Monday!

·
1,914 Posts
QUOTE (nycsfx @ May 13 2010, 11:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322504
Hmm I have the GLS version. When I click unlock, the headlights would flash once but no sound. When I click lock, the headlights would flash once but no sound as well. I have to click the lock button twice to hear a beep. Is this normal? I used to the beep twice for unlock and once for lock so I find this very annoying and unsafe for some reason.

Yes,that is the way the GLS and every other hyundai without proximity work. When you hear the horn beep, that means it's armed. Clicking it once just means it's locked.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (nycsfx @ May 13 2010, 11:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322504
If you hold the "trip" button you can customize a bunch of things - when it will beep, what lock/unlock buttons do, etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts