Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale my 2002 elantra gls. It has a squealy power steering pump that will need replaced one day but is still functional. The car is in solid condition. Has bumps and bruises that any 11 year old car has. It has a newer motor in it with about 100,000 miles. The body has 203,xxx. Has a rebuilt title due to the new motor. Everything works great. Pw, pl, cruise control, ac works great and does NOT require being recharged with freon. Heat works great. I would prefer someone local who needs a nice reliable car. Im located in northern ky. About 15 mins from cincinnati, oh. Im asking 2400 obo. Pm me for my number or email.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Does this have an automatic or a manual transmission? If the former, is it original or from the same donor car as the engine (or perhaps replaced separately due to its own failure)? If it's the latter, was the clutch replaced when the engine swap was done? Any rust on it? How are the tires? Airbags are intact right? Please let me know when you get a chance.

I'm about 6+ hours away in west Tennessee and I'm looking for a solid car for No. 2 son which would be his first (so it will likely attract a few more "bumps and bruises" mysteriously).

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an auto. I believe it was motor failure and the previous owner found a motor to replace it. Tires are less than a year old and air bags are intact

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Tighten the alternator/water pump belt and squeeling should stop,, then you can get a few more $$ for car as it not make noises

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The belt has been tightened. The pump is simply going bad. When it is being strained it squeals. I would just like to get rid of it as i have my new car and i need a small truck. Thank you for your suggestion tho :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts