Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving in the snow one thing lead to the next which means my front bumper clip was snapped I got a quote on a new bumper from hyundai for about 313 i dont know if they will charge me for shipping not to mention god knows how much it will cost for paint. Anyway I was wondering if you guys had an options on how to fix the top bumper clip that gets screwed into the wheel well. I am not really considering zip ties because I don't want it to look like a bad job. Also if anyone got a paint job from hyundai how much did that run you?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Have you checked with a body shop to see if they can glue or attach it without replacing the cover?

I had a 2011 Sonata the developed this issue. I had just picked the car up from a service appointment, and when I got home, I noticed the cover had separated at the left side. I taped it temporarily, and brought it back to the dealer. Hyundai replaced it at no charge because there was no evidence of any damage.

Again, this was in 2010 with an early build 2011. It was not a prevalent issue, but it was known at the time. Since you had the snow issue YMMV.

·
22,788 Posts
This is my biggest fear if the snow should get too deep...becoming a snow plow in the neighborhood and seeing my front bumper all torn to smithereens.

City trucks don't bother coming into our residential streets. And I understand that. So, caution is the key.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I broke the one on my Gen Coupe. I have it secured with a sheet metal screw. it is a crappy design from Hyundai.

They have those stretch rubber holders like the big semis have. The guys who are always taking their bumpers off use them. I should get some.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
My car is off on the passenger side front bumper and I went to my Hyundai dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they basically said tough ****. So I told them they lost me as a customer for the rest of the time I own this vehicle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car is off on the passenger side front bumper and I went to my Hyundai dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they basically said tough ****. So I told them they lost me as a customer for the rest of the time I own this vehicle.
same side for me as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts